Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

fordmexico

Sep 12, 2012, 7:46 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3475 views)

Shortcut

Roaming with ATT in Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
Although the title of the Forbes article by Larry Olmstead deals with the Apple Iphone, it is really about what happened when the author used his ATT service plan (roaming) while in Mexico. One thing that I was surprised to learn was, individual investors can own cell towers and then bill your carrier as if they were Telcel! I am posting a link to a very informative article, especially for those that have an ATT service plan.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2012/09/12/why-i-unlocked-my-iphone-and-switched-from-att-to-t-mobile/

joaquinx

Sep 12, 2012, 8:55 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3469 views)

Shortcut

Re: [fordmexico] Roaming with ATT in Mexico

Very interesting article and should be required reading for any AT&T customer traveling into Mexico.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

johanson / Moderator

Sep 12, 2012, 9:44 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3459 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] Roaming with ATT in Mexico

Thanks for the info. Although in the states for a few weeks, I have my Mexican Telcel chip in my iPhone so I don't miss any messages or calls. The carrier I connect with up here on my GSM phone is of course, AT&T.

I think they charge me about $1.19 US per minute. Yes I know, I could change the chips. I don't as I have a land-line in Seattle. And try never to use my cell phone. Now if only I could pick up the new iPhone 5 before returning next week.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4