Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

sparks

Aug 15, 2012, 5:59 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3617 views)

Shortcut

Telcel text messages reaching the US

Can't Post | Private Reply
First I have never been able to turn off uonoticias with every suggestion offered

So I've been in Seattle since Saturday and have received 2 text messages. How do they do it

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

johanson / Moderator

Aug 16, 2012, 1:43 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3588 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Telcel text messages reaching the US

The only Telcel text messages that I get are the occasional "call me" message, maybe twice per year. I had already gone to the Telcel office and asked them to stop all advertisements. This was maybe 6 years ago,and I don't remember what they did, but the only ads I get now are the very occasional one from Telcel..

Oh I take that back I would sometimes let someone use my phone at the office where I used to volunteer in Ajijic. A friend did something as a joke, and I began to get two short messages a week from Playboy wanting me to phone some number for some expensive service. I was up north for 6 weeks. And every weekend I would get two of these messages. I don't remember what I was charged for receiving these ads (free in Mexico) but in the US I was charged something, but not much. When I returned I again went to the Telcel office, and the employees were able to do something while using my cell to stop these too.

sparks

Aug 16, 2012, 10:35 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3560 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Telcel text messages reaching the US

Just got another from Telcel. Gonna shut it off

It's an Iphone and I was connecting thru family home network

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4