Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

antjan

Jun 30, 2012, 7:14 AM

Post #1 of 7 (5885 views)

Shortcut

Caravan or advice. Nogales to Oaxaca (mom, young son and dog driving)

Can't Post | Private Reply
We are driving from Nogales to Oaxaca and are looking for a caravan at least part of the way. We plan on being at the border in Nogales on August 13th. We are a mom and a 10 year old boy and a dog and a male friend. Can you help? We will also be looking for secure parking overnight and dog friendly hotels!! Thanks!!!

rockydog85251

Jun 30, 2012, 8:39 AM

Post #2 of 7 (5863 views)

Shortcut

Re: [antjan] Caravan or advice. Nogales to Oaxaca (mom, young son and dog driving)

You can drive from Nogales in one looong day or stop in Navajoa, where there is a Best Western Motel at the end of town where you will be arriving....it accepts dogs & the cost is quite reasonable.
You can also go to Gringodog.com to see a list of pet friendly hotels BUT is is not always current - good luck!
From Mazatlan you can get to Guadalajara in an easy 6 hrs & stop there if you want to.....then another day to Puebla - stop there & then an easy day to Oaxaca....we've done it several times.....take the toll roads all the way & be sure to take the ARCO Norte around Mexico City to save time & major hassles/stress by avoiding Mexico City.
We LOVE Oaxaca - enjoy!!!
Willie

antjan

Jun 30, 2012, 10:00 AM

Post #3 of 7 (5850 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rockydog85251] Caravan or advice. Nogales to Oaxaca (mom, young son and dog driving)

Thanks Rockydog85215!!
Did you mean you can go on one loooong day from Nogales to Matzatlan? I think stopping at Navajoa is a great idea. I will make a res at the Best Western. How long from there to Guadalajara?
Hmmm. This forum is awesome... such sweet folks!

rockydog85251

Jun 30, 2012, 12:05 PM

Post #4 of 7 (5826 views)

Shortcut

Re: [antjan] Caravan or advice. Nogales to Oaxaca (mom, young son and dog driving)

Navajoa is about 1/2 way from Phoenix to Mazatlan, so when you get to Navajoa, it should be about another6-7 hours to Mazatlan.....depending of course, on how fast you drive. From Mazatlan it is about 6 hr to Guadalajara. It should be about 7 hr from there to Puebla, as long as you take the ARCO norte. From Puebla to Oaxaca, we've done it in about 4 hr.
Willie

robt65

Jul 3, 2012, 4:02 PM

Post #5 of 7 (5699 views)

Shortcut

I apologize in advance but I just couldn't pass up this warning. . . . . . .. Unless your dog speaks a little Spanish or he has a great set of teeth, I for one would not let him drive under any circumstances . . .. I am sure that mordita would be horrific for that one. . . . . . especially if the dog's license is not current or he / she doesn't have Mexican insurance!!!!!!! (I hope you don't mind me having a little smile . . . . I just couldn't pass that one up! (smiling)

robt65

antjan

Jul 3, 2012, 4:24 PM

Post #6 of 7 (5694 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Caravan or advice. Nogales to Oaxaca (mom, young son and dog driving)

woof!

robt65

Jul 4, 2012, 12:24 PM

Post #7 of 7 (5633 views)

Shortcut

A perfect response . . . thanks for the laugh It was great!

robt65

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4