Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

HoldenTrask

Jun 29, 2012, 4:53 AM

Post #1 of 4 (10997 views)

Shortcut

Cost of living in Tijuana/Rosarito?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm thinking about moving to one of these two locations, although I am open to other areas of Mexico as well.

But, in regards to these two areas.

I've already found some rooms, within a reasonable price range, so I'm not asking so much about that.

But what about other daily costs in these areas?

I lived in South East Asia for a while in 2009 and 2010. I often preferred to eat at local eateries and restos. There was a number of places I could go, get a full meal of rice + a dish or two (veggies or meat,) the whole meal for only about $.75 -$1.25.

In these areas of Mexico near the border, specifically Tijuana and Rosarito is it possible to eat this cheap, or is it going to be a bit more?

If I was eating say a meal of rice, black beans and maybe some lean chicken, or veggies, at a local restaurant, I mean one frequented by locals, what would the price for such a dish come out to roughly in USD?

How about prices for buses/taxis?

What about groceries? (I buy mostly fruits and veggies at the store.)

Anyone that has lived in La Paz, I am interested in the same info for La Paz as well.

salto_jorge

Jul 10, 2012, 8:20 AM

Post #2 of 4 (10855 views)

Shortcut

Re: [HoldenTrask] Cost of living in Tijuana/Rosarito?

What one calls a full meal could depend on ones level of inebriation and if it is fit for humans.

For many, a full Meal in that price range may not be fit for humans in Mexico.
It is possable that ones Large Dog (Doberman) would walk away from it.

(This post was edited by salto_jorge on Jul 10, 2012, 8:35 AM)

TedZar

Mar 6, 2013, 1:49 AM

Post #3 of 4 (8938 views)

Shortcut

Re: [HoldenTrask] Cost of living in Tijuana/Rosarito?

The OP wrote:

a full meal of rice + a dish or two (veggies or meat,) the whole meal for only about $.75 -$1.25.

I've lived in Thailand full time for the past seven years or so and prices haven't been that good for a while. Inflation! But while you could eat that way a bit it would not usually be the highest quality of food and not so good for a regular diet day in and day out. Just my opinion.

Deadbutt

May 11, 2013, 10:24 PM

Post #4 of 4 (8126 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TedZar] Cost of living in Tijuana/Rosarito?

Hello...TedZar.. I too live in Thailand and am thinking about moving to Mex. Too damned hot, and my money ain't worth poop over here..
J

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4