Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

halfmexi

Jun 27, 2012, 12:09 PM

Post #1 of 8 (8029 views)

Shortcut

Fast Food Warning for Colima, Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
When you marry into Mexican family you end up with alot of nieces and nephews... some of them work in franchised US fast food joints here in Colima’s capital and here are their stories.

McDonald’s (across from SAM’s Club) - New manager is having employees take used plastic ice cream cups out of trash, wash and reuse them. Also, any salvageable ice cream is dumped into the milk shake machine. This has been going on for over a month now - employees are threatened with firing if they don’t comply, 6 have quit this past month.

KFC - mixes your bucket of chicken with sometimes 2 and 3 day old parts. Anybody who has ever eaten their will tell you that most of the time the chicken is undercooked/semi-raw as well. The owner of the KFC also owns the new Dairy Queen (across from McD´s), so take caution there too.

I wish I had a relative working at Burger King, because I do get that once a month urge for a Whopper Double con queso, all I can tell you is that they often use old dirty oil - so no fried stuff in my order. Applebee’s has had a few problems too, last year we got a bowl of Cigarette Butt Clam Chowder (haven’t been back since) and an amigo bit into a Buffalo Hot Wing with a paper clip surprise inside. Applebee’s claims their meals come pre-packaged from the US, great excuse or trouble in Applebee’s distribution centers?

It is alot safer and usually healthier eating at the local neighborhood restaurants and taco street carts.
Provecho!
BIL

VOTE MAYAN ...For A New Tomorrow!

chicois8

Jun 27, 2012, 2:57 PM

Post #2 of 8 (7996 views)

Shortcut

Re: [halfmexi] Fast Food Warning for Colima, Mexico

With all the wonderful street food made right before your eyes why would anyone eat fast food from a USA brand like Mickey D, Burger King, etc.........
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

La Isla

Jun 27, 2012, 3:38 PM

Post #3 of 8 (7988 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicois8] Fast Food Warning for Colima, Mexico

In Reply To
With all the wonderful street food made right before your eyes why would anyone eat fast food from a USA brand like Mickey D, Burger King, etc.........

Because they think it's "cool" ?

sparks

Jun 27, 2012, 4:46 PM

Post #4 of 8 (7972 views)

Shortcut

I've only eaten at the old Mc Donalds in Colima just because others wanted to. Just salads for me .... what can they do to those?

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Anonimo

Jun 28, 2012, 3:20 AM

Post #5 of 8 (7923 views)

Shortcut

¡Gúacala!

Saludos,
Anonimo

wearechange

Jul 3, 2012, 11:43 AM

Post #6 of 8 (7698 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Fast Food Warning for Colima, Mexico

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it is probably common across the board at all fast food joints. We are better off digging into a cookbook and buying fresh ingredients. What these employee kids need to do is shoot a vid with a cell phone of these unsanitary conditions and uploading it to youtube and then tell the owner to stick it where the sun don´t shine.

michoacan

Jul 12, 2012, 1:50 PM

Post #7 of 8 (7036 views)

Shortcut

I LIKE McDonalds. KFC, Burger King, et al!

I'll go in, get a cup of coffee then use, I mean really USE their usually clean and well stocked restroom. God Bless 'Em!

wearechange

Jul 14, 2012, 11:46 AM

Post #8 of 8 (6815 views)

Shortcut

Re: [michoacan] I LIKE McDonalds. KFC, Burger King, et al!

Damn! You sure are getting your coffee´s worth.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4