Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

bronco

Jun 20, 2012, 10:03 AM

Post #26 of 35 (2751 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mensamia] letter from Ajijic kidnap victim

Can't Post | Private Reply
i have been reading about mexico city for years, everyone knows this. they are especially famous for "express kidnaps". they stop your car, take you to a cash machine w/gun to head. you withdraw all the cash using your the cards. then they leave you there. also cab drivers do this, so never ever take a cab in mex city. only the private hotel car. "express kidnap" is done to mexicans & foreigners. go to google, type in kidnap mexico kidnap/mexico city etc. many articles will appear, read them. also you tube has infinite information. stop digging, stop asking. read, use your common sense. all the positive things about mexico do not amount to a hill of beans, IF you have serious problems. there are many other factors besides security issues. why put your self in any deeper than you already are? (the member who calls it "old news" on this board- is posting on another forum- asking if its "safe to go out a dinner........this coming winter").

bronco

Jun 20, 2012, 10:10 AM

Post #27 of 35 (2745 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johninajijic] letter from Ajijic kidnap victim

john, dont be afraid to go to the steak house w/your dinner group. even i would not inquire about that. you have a short memory, you forget you contradict yourself.

johninajijic

Jun 20, 2012, 10:16 AM

Post #28 of 35 (2748 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] letter from Ajijic kidnap victim

bronco made a mistake. I didn't post "was it safe to go out for dinner at night". I posted that all my friends were asked while dining at Hacienda Ajijic, if they felt safe to go out in the winter at dark. The resounding answer was "yes, they felt perfectly safe".

Further, I just received an email from my ex next door neighbor, who had lived here for 4 years, asking who Mario's son was. I explained. She said she feels Ajijic, even with the recent events, is still safer thany ANY of the NOB cities. I do too.

johninajijic

Jun 20, 2012, 10:19 AM

Post #29 of 35 (2744 views)

Shortcut

bronco - You cannot even quote the post on Insidelakeside correctly. I didn't ask the question of my Dinner Group, another member asked how everyone felt. Geez, you cannot understand what you read.

cbviajero

Jun 20, 2012, 10:46 AM

Post #30 of 35 (2735 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
all the positive things about mexico do not amount to a hill of beans,

Which begs the question,why are you still living in Mexico?

bronco

Jun 20, 2012, 11:26 AM

Post #31 of 35 (2722 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johninajijic] letter from Ajijic kidnap victim

john your dinner group sounds more paranoid than mensamia (the land buyer). i re read the forum & the responses. it was a disguised inquiry, thats how i see it. fyi, i have never lived in any usa city in a bad area. so i was immune to this stuff, & so are my friends & family. im not from a crummy town in a deep south, the "other side" of LA, some fallen town outside of boston (things change), or a border town in arizona texas, which to me is another world . i know what you are referring too. dosnt apply. btw, the kidnap/killing dramas did not affect my personal routine here. matter of fact, i never would have known if i hadnt read a forum. then a mexican friend told me later as she has children & was restricting their hours. as far as know americans are not the targets. we are more targeting driving on a highway by police.

bronco

Jun 21, 2012, 8:49 PM

Post #32 of 35 (2643 views)

Shortcut

mensamia: i am flattered that you are using one of my insights, as your signature slogan. even more flattered, that i replaced the famous poet, cant remember who- you know the "grain of sand" ? but really, my message dosnt serve your posts. repetitive is repetitive. put a new insight on each post, that keeps it ineteresting. just saying.

mensamia

Jun 22, 2012, 6:16 AM

Post #33 of 35 (2619 views)

Shortcut

what signature slogan ???
Lets not veer from the subject... :-)

(This post was edited by mensamia on Jun 22, 2012, 6:19 AM)

cbviajero

Jun 22, 2012, 7:46 AM

Post #34 of 35 (2608 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
what signature slogan ???
Lets not veer from the subject... :-)

Not much chance of that happening.

bronco

Jun 22, 2012, 1:02 PM