Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

sparks

Jun 11, 2012, 1:08 PM

Post #1 of 6 (6122 views)

Shortcut

Talpa suggestions

Can't Post | Private Reply
Neighbors have an invite from family that live in Talpa so we may go in a week. I've only seen it from near highway 70. I don't think there is a decent road from highway 80 direct coming from the coast so will make a loop.

We may all be looking for a motel as I'm not sure what the family has that lives there. Any cheap and medium priced places you can recommend.

Anything else not to miss in and around town

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

tashby

Jun 11, 2012, 3:44 PM

Post #2 of 6 (6089 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Talpa suggestions

I assume you're talking about Talpa de Allende? I haven't been there for a few years, but stayed at a hotel right next to the Parroquia, in fact it may have been called Hotel La Parroquia. It was definitely in the moderate range, maybe 350-400 pesos per night. Perfectly comfortable and spotless. Talpa gets tons of religious pilgrims, so there are several mid-priced lodgings to choose from (as long as you don't arrive during a major pilgrimage).

There's supposed to be Mexico's only Maple forest nearby, though I've never been. Some waterfalls, but they might be bone-dry right now. Decent food at Casa Grande (if it's still there), up on the hill behind downtown. Watch them make a million different things with guyaba all over town. The "Chicle Museum" (!!!)....just because it's unusual. All things Virgin de Rosario.....and not much else that I recall unless you head over to Mascota.

tashby

Jun 11, 2012, 7:14 PM

Post #3 of 6 (6062 views)

Shortcut

I know you probably know this sparks, but I'll toss it in there for anyone else reading this:

The area around Talpa - and the drive to it - is so much more beautiful and enjoyable once the rains have had a chance to green things up. The valley Talpa sits in is stunning. So, in my opinion, if the trip can be put off a few weeks it'd be worth it, just for the improved scenery.

JRinPV

Jun 12, 2012, 7:21 AM

Post #4 of 6 (6016 views)

Shortcut

Hi Sparks, long time no see, some information on my site
http://vallartainfo.com/talpa.html with the festival dates. Also be sure to go to Casa Grande - great food ! Talpa has it's own web site now, with lodging options. http://www.talpaonline.com/

(This post was edited by Rolly on Jun 12, 2012, 7:50 AM)

sparks

Jun 13, 2012, 7:04 AM

Post #5 of 6 (5950 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] Talpa suggestions

Trip got postponed and we had a good rain last night so no doubt it will be green when we go

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

sioux4noff

Jun 13, 2012, 11:00 AM

Post #6 of 6 (5918 views)

Shortcut

I'm ready for that good rain to get here to Bucerias!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4