Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

ekammin

Jun 9, 2012, 10:45 AM

Post #1 of 4 (7040 views)

Shortcut

Preparing for retirement

Can't Post | Private Reply
My wife and I are rapidly becoming what are called "Senior Citizens". We are originally from the U.S., but have lived in Canada for many years. Both have their drawbacks as retirement options; the U.S., because of its expensive medical system (yes, I know you can get health isnurance if you are 35 and in perfect health),Canada because the medical system is rapidly congealing into immobility (I think that, if you were bleeding to death at the hospital's entrance, they would give you a Tylenol and tell you to f**k off)..

We hve been to the Chapala area quite a few times, and are seriously considerng it. So, a few questions First, is there a list of the retirement homes and nursing homes in th area, from which I coud obtain some desciptive material and rates and, second, this is an odd one, is there any good place in Guadalajara where one can buy unusual types of pasta (not just spaghetti and macaroni) and a place to buy wine not from Mexico, Chiie or the U.S.?

DavidHF

Jun 9, 2012, 11:15 AM

Post #2 of 4 (7034 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ekammin] Preparing for retirement

You'll find lots of pasta shapes at SuperLake. PAZ Vinos y Licores has wines from all over the world.

RickS

Jun 10, 2012, 7:44 AM

Post #3 of 4 (6797 views)

Shortcut

Well, we've pretty much trashed one of the OPs questions! How about the request for "a list of the retirement homes and nursing homes in the area, from which I could obtain some descriptive material and rates" .... I found this Focus on Mexico webpage... don't know how old the info is, but it must be pretty new as they mentioned about Casa Nostra moving.

http://www.focusonmexico.com/...in-Lake-Chapala.html

arbon

Jun 20, 2012, 4:39 PM

Post #4 of 4 (6196 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
On another post the Op stated they are over 75. ... I think they mean preparing for a "Retirement Home".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4