Jun 1, 2012, 4:19 PM
Post #1 of 1
You are cordially invited to be part of creating a ‘PEACE LABYRINTH’ in the west end of the Ajijic Malecon (right beside the playgrounds and past the Amphitheatre).
Date: Saturday, June 2nd, 2012
Time: 10:30 a.m.
300 students from Guadalajara University will arrive by bus to participate with the Lake Chapala Community in building the Peace Labyrinth. These students have been coming to Lake Chapala every year to spearhead environmental projects, since the first project 12 years ago, ‘Hands around our Lake’.
We hope to see hundreds of women, men and children from our Lake Chapala community, all working side by side for this important event.
Please bring a ‘small white plant’ to plant as your commitment to peace. If possible: margaritas, belenes or malvas. These are the names of the plants we are buying… they must be blooming at least one flower in white) (Also bring a spade for planting if you have one)
· This will be the first stage of building the Labyrinth; with the laying of the brick pavers for the walkway and planting white plants (the color of peace and purity). (One brick at a time is symbolic of what it takes to effect change. Planting white plants is symbolic of new growth and white is the symbol of peace).
· As you enter the Peace walk, you will be given a special white Quartz Crystal that has been energized in the Energy Vortex at Foco Tonal. The Quartz Crystal is well known as the ‘Peace Rock’ and will serve as our reminder to focus our attention on Peace and not on fear. Together we can change our world. (If you don't know, attached is What is a Labyrinth?)
· Then we will walk the Labyrinth and hold hands for a moment of Peace.
· To close, we will sing together the song, Imagine by John Lennon. Leading in Spanish, is our own Roberto Cerda and in English Bill Vincent, a permanent Lakeside resident musician. Imagine the impact of hundreds of people singing this song of peace, while we hold PEACE in our hearts.
Please join us and help strengthen our community. We need your support and attendance. If you cannot attend, please join us in a moment of silence at 1 p.m. Saturday.
“In the spirit of peace and love and hope for our beloved Lake Chapala.
Together we can restore our community by envisioning what we want it to look like, providing we believe it is possible.”
- Lake Chapala Community Peace Movement
“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.” -Audrey Hepburn
FOCUS ON MEXICO www.focusonmexico.com