Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

eyePad

May 13, 2012, 10:20 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2082 views)

Shortcut

Narcoviolence comes home

Can't Post | Private Reply
First of all, my heartfelt sympathy for everyone living near Guadalajara on account of the events of recent days. On another news item, 4 sailors were kidnapped, tortured, and murdered near Veracruz. Apparently, a teenage hitman recorded some of it on his cell phone, for which I won't post the link due to graphic content. (I can't handle it). In the video, the torturer asks the young sailor how many of "la raza" he has killed. What??? Now the government is the criminal and the Zetas are the people? I don't think legalizing drugs or anything like that is going to make any difference.

Yacatecuhtli

May 14, 2012, 10:01 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1987 views)

Shortcut

Re: [eyePad] Narcoviolence comes home

Can't Post | Private Reply

In Reply To
In the video, the torturer asks the young sailor how many of "la raza" he has killed. What??? Now the government is the criminal and the Zetas are the people?

If it were only that easy to tell all of the good guys from all the bad guys………

Por abuso de autoridad, homicidio, extorsión, violación, deserción o delitos contra las salud, 3 mil 612 militares han sido sentenciados por el Consejo de Guerra o un Juez Militar en los últimos cinco años.

In the current sexenio “For abuse of authority, murder, extortion, rape, desertion or crimes against health, 3612 soldiers have been sentenced by court martial or a military judge in the last five years.“

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/primera/39450.html
Obviously not always the case but Human Rights abuses at the hands of some of the Mexican Military are not unheard of and in fact are well documented…… (I am not, saying this is the case in the video in question, or justifying anyone's actions, but it does happen)

! Al pan, pan y al vino, vino !

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4