Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

Sculptari

May 11, 2012, 3:52 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4201 views)

Shortcut

Los Muertos Pier - Deck going on

Can't Post |
It looks like some real progress being made on Los Muertos pier in Puerto Vallarta - an actual walking deck. This has been a three year project, plagued with cash flow problems. You can see now it is going to be a very impressive structure, really something quite different. It may prove to be a real cash cow for this area of Puerto Vallarta.
no longer active on Mexconnect

JRinPV

May 12, 2012, 8:18 AM

Post #2 of 4 (4141 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sculptari] Los Muertos Pier - Deck going on

Can't Post | Private Reply
Still don't like it, far too 'modern' looking for our poor Traditional Town.

Sculptari

May 12, 2012, 12:24 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4113 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JRinPV] Los Muertos Pier - Deck going on

Can't Post |
I think something like this calls for a bold statement, using the most up date materials and techniques. The Malecon is a protective place, a place for families and tourists to gather, a safe haven for commercial interests. Almost 'motherly' - and I agree 'modern' does not work there. The Pier on the other hand is challenging nature, withstanding tsunamis, hurricanes and earthquakes - building out on to a deep, deep blue ocean, with no land in sight. It is masculine and bold, it cries out for a statement as such. The old Pier had no real character to preserve in any case - it was purely functional in design, but at least it worked, for the time being. The wise thing may have been to have two Piers, closing down the old one when it became dangerous.
no longer active on Mexconnect

JRinPV

May 12, 2012, 1:17 PM

Post #4 of 4 (4105 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sculptari] Los Muertos Pier - Deck going on

Can't Post | Private Reply
The story of the old pier being 'dangerous' was a ruse, to accomplish the selling of the construction permit for the new one ! If it was so dangerous, how come it took over 6 months to remove it ?
The new design is a modern monstrosity and doesn't fit the image PV should be pushing, a true Mexican town, unlike Cancún and Cabo!
As far as surviving hurricanes or tsunamis, I see no reason it would be better ?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4