Dec 23, 2012, 9:38 PM
Post #19 of 37
I may be forced by the Mexican Government into buying a Mexican car, (which is just what I always wanted).
Re: [sioux4noff] Buying a new car in Mexico
Can't Post | Private Reply
I am not really interested in how easy it is to buy, or if your can "dicker" on the price, or who in what state covers the warranty, or the disadvantages of lower suspension, ... etc.
What I need to know is:
1. What is tenencia ?
2. Does the state of Guanajuato have tenencia ?
3. If the state of Guanajuato has tenencia, how long does it last, and at what rates ?
3. What does a quality insurance policy run on a new car on average, including, colision, comprehensive, theft, vandalism, etc. with a deductible no more than MN$6375 (US$500) ?
4. What are the average annual costs of all license plate and registration fees on the average ?
5. Is there a 16% VAT tagged on to the price of a new car ?
6. What other fees, government expenses, dealer fees, or any other fee or expense do I need to know about ?
In other words I need to know how much further I will be ripped off, besides having to take my US vehicle to the border and sell it and loose US$5000 on it, and having to pay the price of the trip costing US$1000-$2500. Besides this loss of US$6000-$7500, I need to try to calculate what the additional annual cost of Mexican ownership is over US vehicle ownership.