Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

sparks

Apr 30, 2012, 5:56 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3745 views)

Shortcut

Mariposa northbound changes

Can't Post | Private Reply
Drivers entering the United State through the Mariposa Port of Entry will find themselves following a new route starting this weekend.

http://www.nogalesinternational.com/...43-001a4bcf887a.html

Sparks Mexico - Sparks Costalegre

limon

Apr 30, 2012, 10:16 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3703 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Mariposa northbound changes

Sparks, thanks for posting this info. This will be the first time for us to use this crossing at Nogales. As we will be pulling a 5th wheel, do we stay to the right and go through the truck crossing, or do we stay to the left and go through with the passenger vehicles. Do we still turn or permit in at km 21? Are any other surprises that we need to watch for? thx.

sparks

Apr 30, 2012, 10:50 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3695 views)

Shortcut

Re: [limon] Mariposa northbound changes

>>>> Starting Monday morning, commercial trucks will use new lanes on the east side.

My guess is 'commercial' is the key diffrence. From what I hear the vehicle permit is still handled at KM21 .... but I haven't driven back for 5 years.

Sparks Mexico - Sparks Costalegre

Teo

Apr 30, 2012, 5:43 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3640 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Mariposa northbound changes

Thank you, Sparks. Very useful information when driving out of Mexico in the future.

Moisheh

May 5, 2012, 4:25 PM

Post #5 of 5 (3485 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Teo] Mariposa northbound changes

Limon: Apparently you get into lane 1. There is lane "0" for RV's and they will direct you to that lane and open it. This is second hand info and we are NOB so I cannot verify. This is all new so it is hard to get accurate info. Good luck!

Moisheh

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4