Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Suziyork

Apr 29, 2012, 5:59 PM

Post #1 of 5 (11395 views)

Shortcut

Valley De Guadalupe

Can't Post | Private Reply
Looking for Driver to go to Valley de Guadalupe August 14-18 for Winer Harvest. Looking for someone who knows the winery scene and is fun. Pick me up in San Diego. I am 63 years young and interested in experiencing the Valley. Let me know what you can do and your rates.

Thanks!

Susan

DavidHF

May 1, 2012, 10:35 AM

Post #2 of 5 (11331 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Suziyork] Valley De Guadalupe

See if you can find a Baja web board and post there too. Buena Suerte. BTW, August sounds early for harvest.

chicois8

May 1, 2012, 4:48 PM

Post #3 of 5 (11304 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] Valley De Guadalupe

This is for the Winer Harvest, must be some kind of hot dog festival..
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

Marlene / Moderator

May 2, 2012, 2:43 AM

Post #4 of 5 (11273 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Suziyork] Valley De Guadalupe

This sounds like a fun event. There is a tour from San Diego, as well as an excursion from Tijuana. From Frommers site:

First Crush: The Annual Harvest Festival -- The Fiesta de la Vendimia (Harvest Festival) is held each year in late August or early September. Set among the endless vineyards of the fertile Valle de Guadalupe, the day's events include the traditional blessing of the grapes, wine tastings, live music and dancing, riding exhibitions, and a country-style Mexican meal. L.A. Cetto offers a group excursion from Tijuana (about an hour's drive); San Diego's Baja California Tours (tel. 800/336-5454 or 858/454-7166 in the U.S.) also organizes a daylong trip from San Diego.

Note that most of the roads in the Valle de Guadalupe are dirt-surfaced, so you'll do well to explore in an SUV. The area's only fully paved road is Hwy. 3 (to Tecate), which cuts through the valley. Most of the wineries and attractions are just off this scenic road, which is lined with vineyards and olive orchards.

Read more: http://www.frommers.com/...lupe/3947010001.html

Goyo

May 4, 2012, 5:55 PM

Post #5 of 5 (11185 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicois8] Valley De Guadalupe

full service?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4