Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

Rolly

Nov 16, 2002, 3:42 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1614 views)

Shortcut

House Project Update for 16 Nov 02

Can't Post | Private Reply
After nine and half months, the shell of the building is complete, now we're working on interiors. Looks like about 3 more months.

We're knee deep in litter from the plastering of the walls. But it sure looks nice to have the messy brick work covered up. We also got a start on the kitchen cabinets.

This week's update: http://rollybrook.com/11-16.htm

Rolly Pirate

sfmacaws

Nov 16, 2002, 9:05 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1551 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] House Project Update for 16 Nov 02

Can't Post |
It's beautiful Rolly! I agree with the wider space between the island and the wall counter in the kitchen. My kitchen in Akumal and a lot of the others I've seen in Mexico have a pretty narrow space there, probably 3.5' and it is difficult for even 2 people to use it at the same time. If you are "in" the kitchen and someone comes in to get something from the refrigerator, you are stuck and can't get out till they close the door and leave. I have stared at the kitchen/dining room setup many times trying to figure out how I could make a little more room. I think the families living in these houses are going to be very, very happy with them. Think of the wonderful food that will be made in these spacious kitchens!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4