Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

jreboll

Apr 17, 2012, 8:57 AM

Post #1 of 12 (5714 views)

Shortcut

Spotify

Can't Post | Private Reply
Anyone use Spotify in the Chapala area? I will be in the area this summer and would like to listen to my tunes while I am there.

johanson / Moderator

Apr 17, 2012, 10:00 AM

Post #2 of 12 (5700 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jreboll] Spotify

Not me. But I'm going to try it. I use "TuneIn Radio"

jreboll

Apr 17, 2012, 12:08 PM

Post #3 of 12 (5678 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Spotify

The great thing about Spotify is that it lets you set up playlists with specific songs. I already have playlists with hundreds of Mexican and American songs. It, however, does not allow you to copy them so you have to log in to hear them.
In contrast with Pandora you only choose the genres that you are interested in and have to accept the songs it gives you.

johanson / Moderator

Apr 17, 2012, 1:47 PM

Post #4 of 12 (5669 views)

Shortcut

You wrote "In contrast with Pandora you only choose the genres that you are interested in and have to accept the songs it gives you."

with many apps like "TuneIn Radio" I can turn off my location services on my iPhone, after I have identified myself as being up North. Therefore TuneIn Radio thinks I'm still in the US and streams stations to me that they wouldn't were they to think I was in Mexico.

Sadly, with Pandora I can't do that. (I suppose I could with a VPN)

jreboll

Apr 17, 2012, 1:57 PM

Post #5 of 12 (5666 views)

Shortcut

I just found TuneIn on my ROKU so I am going to try it out. It may be an option if I cannot get Spotify.

johanson / Moderator

Apr 17, 2012, 2:31 PM

Post #6 of 12 (5656 views)

Shortcut

I just went to Spotify and got the following message here in Ajijic, just south of Guadalajara.

"Sign up to be first in line when Spotify launches in your country!
Spotify is currently not available in your country. Enter your email address to be first in line when we launch! "

So I guess to use same I would need to hide my location when in Mexico.

YucaLandia

Apr 17, 2012, 6:18 PM

Post #7 of 12 (5634 views)

Shortcut

Mask My IP has worked well for us on some sites - no malware - no adware - works fast - regular updates of IPs...

There has been just too much information gathering and misuse by some sites, so, it can make sense to wear a condom.
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

Gri-lango

Jun 12, 2012, 12:34 PM

Post #8 of 12 (5084 views)

Shortcut

The Internet has borders these days, long gone are the days of IP anything, anywhere.

Spotify, Pandora, all US TV and Radio stations block content if you are outside US...unless you can hide your Mexico IP addy.

I prefer open borders, but I am in the minority.

joaquinx

Jun 12, 2012, 1:14 PM

Post #9 of 12 (5075 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Jango says it is just like Pandora without the ads. (?)
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

johanson / Moderator

Jun 12, 2012, 1:56 PM

Post #10 of 12 (5071 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] Spotify

Even if I turn off my location services control on Pandora, Pandora doesn't work in Mexico. However when I turn off the location services for the web and smart phone "app" "TuneIn Radio" while in say Seattle, and don't turn it back on when back in Mexico, I get most if not all of the radio stations I could get when I was in Seattle.

Yes with the iPhone, I can turn off location services to only a few "apps" and leave it on for other apps.

joaquinx

Jun 12, 2012, 2:08 PM

Post #11 of 12 (5064 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Jango works in Mexico without an Internet Two-Step.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

Axience123

Nov 20, 2012, 3:07 AM

Post #12 of 12 (3453 views)

Shortcut

Paid Survey for Messengers

Are you using a messenger such as Skype, Whatsapp, ooVoo etc.? Participate in a survey and win iPad (mini)! This is not spam you can contact us directly: Gleb Zhukov at gleb.zhukov@axience.com. Please follow the link to sign-up for the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5KC7T33

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4