Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Elizabeth63

Apr 15, 2012, 1:10 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3485 views)

Shortcut

Bus trip from Ajijic area to San Antonio Airport?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I need to catch a plane at the San Antonio Airport on May 6th and am looking for information on what buses to take from Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara, and if I can use my Inapam or Dif cards for a discount. Thank you for your help...Also, if anyone will be driving to SA on May 5th and has room for one person who will help with gas and driving, please contact me at betsy63@yahoo.com. Thanks!

esperanza

Apr 15, 2012, 4:32 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3463 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Elizabeth63] Bus trip from Ajijic area to San Antonio Airport?

If you go Guadalajara-Nuevo Laredo on ETN, the full cost one way is 1230 pesos. With the INAPAM card, it will cost you half that. ETN is by far the most comfortable bus for traveling that route. The ETN line for that route is called Turistar Lujo, and it is truly de lujo--luxurious. There are two runs per day leaving Guadalajara: 7:15PM arriving in Nuevo Laredo at 9:30AM or 9:15PM arriving at 10:50AM.

You will need to get across the border to Laredo, TX--there are shuttles to take you from the Nuevo Laredo bus station to the border--and then take a Greyhound bus to San Antonio. I don't know the fare and of course there is no INAPAM discount on that one.

It's a decent trip. The bus is truly comfortable for sleeping.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Altahabana

Apr 15, 2012, 5:18 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3452 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Bus trip from Ajijic area to San Antonio Airport?

Grupo SENDA has direct service from Guadalajara to San Antonio on their TURIMEX International premium service for $1450 pesos. You will cross the border in your bus and clear Customs and then go off to San Antonio. I do not know if you will be eligible for any discounts, but this avoids the hassle of getting from a Nvo. Laredo bus station to the bridge, walking across and then walking again to the Greyhound station in downtown Laredo. I am not aware of shuttle service from any of the Nuevo Laredo bus stations to the bridge, and given the deference to taxis I would be surprised if there was such a service. Perhaps that is something new. Otherwise you are talking about a $7-10 taxi ride.

http://ticket.gruposenda.com/compra_paso1.php

(This post was edited by Altahabana on Apr 15, 2012, 5:22 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4