Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

akumalgringo

Apr 13, 2012, 1:30 PM

Post #1 of 8 (6771 views)

Shortcut

Pet friendly hotels in Puebla, Orizaba and Cordova

Can't Post | Private Reply
Heading back to Akumal with our two labs. hotel las Cascadas is closed for remodeling. Are there any other Pet friendly hotels? We need a hotel that is easy to get to off the autopista, secure parking for a full size van and not many stairs since our old lab cannot handle them. How far off the aotopista is La Quinta in Puebla? Does it have secure parking?

rockydog85251

Apr 13, 2012, 1:58 PM

Post #2 of 8 (6761 views)

Shortcut

Re: [akumalgringo] Pet friendly hotels in Puebla, Orizaba and Cordova

Have you checked gringodog.com? I sent an update to them a couple of times (in Dec) but they haven't gotten it posted yet - don't know why?!?

Anyway, in Puebla they have listed Las Sauces BUT it is now El Ambasador & they take dogs & breakfast is included in the room price - CALL AHEAD...we did & when we showed up, the night clerk told us they could/would not accept the dogs....we had the name of the person we spoke to so he let us stay. The fee -not depost- was $100 mx per dog.
The breakfast is not served until 9a.m. when most people have already hit the road, thus saving the establishment $$$. It was clean but "tired" with lovely grounds. It must have been really beautiful in earlier times.

Good luck!!
Willie

Vichil

Apr 13, 2012, 4:10 PM

Post #3 of 8 (6744 views)

Shortcut

Re: [akumalgringo] Pet friendly hotels in Puebla, Orizaba and Cordova

See the phone number is gringodogs..for Anya and Franks´cabins they have two but only the one closer to the gate would be suitable for you as the other has many stairs . Ask them if the cabin is free. It is in Fortin de las Flores right off the freeway on a hill going south. We stopped there with ou mastiffs so I am pretty sure you would not have a problem with labs.

esperanza

Apr 13, 2012, 5:25 PM

Post #4 of 8 (6729 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Vichil] Pet friendly hotels in Puebla, Orizaba and Cordova

And the bonus is you get to stay in Fortín de las Flores, a charming town.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

jack111

May 10, 2012, 5:49 AM

Post #5 of 8 (6288 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Pet friendly hotels in Puebla, Orizaba and Cordova

Fortin de las Flores is the city of Veracruz. It’s the municipal sear of Fortin which borders on the mincipalities of Cordoba, Naranjal and Ixtaczoquitlan. Yes, it is the beautiful place.

Vichil

May 10, 2012, 7:17 AM

Post #6 of 8 (6271 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jack111] Pet friendly hotels in Puebla, Orizaba and Cordova

aAre they 2 Fortin de las Flores? I stay in Fortin de las Flores and it is a town between Orizaba and Cordoba far away from Vera Cruz City. Do you mean to say state instead of city?

esperanza

May 10, 2012, 7:19 AM

Post #7 of 8 (6267 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Vichil] Pet friendly hotels in Puebla, Orizaba and Cordova

I agree, Vichil. Fortín de las Flores is exactly where you mentioned, and it is not part of either the municipality or the city of Veracruz. Veracruz state, yes.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

sfmacaws

May 10, 2012, 8:34 AM

Post #8 of 8 (6245 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Pet friendly hotels in Puebla, Orizaba and Cordova

It is very pretty and the home of many nurseries and tropical plant growers. I wish I could go there now with enough room to carry some of their orchids back to Merida.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4