Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

crayoncore

Apr 10, 2012, 10:57 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3765 views)

Shortcut

Moving to Oaxaca

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm moving to Oaxaca city in May. I'm a 29 year old American girl and I'm heading to Mexico for an undetermined amount of time... we'll call it a sabbatical if you will. I am looking for any advice, information, anything anyone is willing to share about the actual moving process (visas, switching over my cell phone, insurance.. etc) that isn't directed toward a retiree. It seems as though all the information I have found over the last 6 months of looking is not directed toward people my age.
Thanks!

Rolly

Apr 10, 2012, 11:04 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3757 views)

Shortcut

Re: [crayoncore] Moving to Oaxaca

Have you checked out my website for visa and insurance information?

Rolly Pirate

crayoncore

Apr 10, 2012, 3:37 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3727 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mexijo] Moving to Oaxaca

the apartment at 195 USD...

geri

May 19, 2012, 3:05 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3169 views)

Shortcut

Re: [crayoncore] Moving to Oaxaca

While it's true that most foreigners moving to Oaxaca are retirees, or early retirees, there are more and more young folks moving here each year. I suggest you visit the Oaxaca Lending Library to get answers to some of your questions. (You'll have even more questions once you get here, I guarantee). The library is located at Avenida Pino Suarez #519 and is open from 10 until 2 and 4 until 7, Monday through Friday. From 10 until noon on Saturdays there's an intercamibio session (free) where Mexicans and English speakers help each other practice Spanish and English (free). At 11 a.m. on Mondays, there's a longtime resident available to answer specific questions. For activities and special events, go to: http://www.oaxlibrary.org.

dos gatos felices

May 21, 2012, 3:51 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3069 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Moving to Oaxaca

Rolly, I looked at your 'Las Casas' project and enjoyed seeing the progress of the building a few weeks ago. I didn't see a guest book in which to write a word of appreciation, so here it is: I enjoyed reading about the project and looking at the pictures.

Rolly

May 21, 2012, 4:16 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3061 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Susan] Moving to Oaxaca

Thanks for the kind words.

Rolly Pirate

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4