Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

rockydog85251

Apr 1, 2012, 1:03 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2628 views)

Shortcut

Roads between Toluca and Cuernavaca

Can't Post | Private Reply
I posted this on the wrong forum, so am re-posting it......

My latest Guia Roji -2012- shows a new cuota under construction south of Metepec and Toluca, that will connect to the cuota from Mexico City to Cuernavaca. Can anyone provid insight as to the status of this new highway? I did look for it on Google Earth but some of those images are from 2006. We would love to go to Cuernavaca with out having to go through Mexico City. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Willie

Papirex

Apr 1, 2012, 6:45 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2600 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rockydog85251] Roads between Toluca and Cuernavaca

Yes, avoid driving through Toluca if at all possible. The construction of the new road was first announced 5 or 6 years ago. So far, nothing has been done. It takes an extra day to drive to here from Toluca. Do not put complete trus in The Guia Roji'it is still full of errors.

I sometimes have documents sent from The US to me here in Cuernavaca via FedEx. They used to arrive at the México City airport, and I would get them the next day. Now, they usually arrive at the Toluca airport, they are put on a truck to be sent here. It now takes an extra day for them to get here via Toluca.

I know how to get here from the north, but I can't remember the street names in México City. After you get across a part of México City to the cuota for the toll road to Cuernavaca, it usually only takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get here. Forget what all the travel “experts” say, it is an hour drive, tops. The toll is now around $85 Pesos, and well worth it.

Stay away from Toluca.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

rockydog85251

Apr 1, 2012, 7:07 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2588 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Papirex] Roads between Toluca and Cuernavaca

We did get stuck in Toluca.....probably at least 6 yrs ago....the road construction there was unbelievable! We had never seen anything like it in the US! I would rather poke myself in the eye than do that again!!! jajaja
Maybe we might try another approach to Cuernavaca....what about going around Toluca to San Mateo Atenco then down the cuota to Ixtlan de la Sal, then down to Taxco & ultimately up to Cuernavaca? We sort of wanted to go back there again anyway.
Mil gracias !!!
Willie

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4