Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

johninajijic

Mar 30, 2012, 8:47 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2284 views)

Shortcut

TONY'S Restaurant Review - In Ajijic

Can't Post | Private Reply
Last Friday night eleven of us from our Bi Monthly Dinner group ate at TONY'S restaurant. We sat on the side away from the grille where Tony sings for entertainment. The music was so loud, you could not talk at the table, so sit on the side with the grille. That was the only negative. Everyone ordered their drinks and they brought homemade tortilla chips with 3 different condiments. They make good drinks.

We ordered our food. Most people ordered the Ribs, a HUGE rack that you can barely finish. I ordered the Shrimp with Tamarind sauce. It came with rice and nice veggies, perfectly cooked. I couldn't see what some others ordered, as most ordered Ribs. Tony's has Shrimp on the menu done 5 different ways. His Shrimp dishes cost less than other restaurants. There is always plenty of good food at Tony's.

TONY'S Restaurant (next to Tony's meat market)
766 4069

bronco

Mar 30, 2012, 3:16 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2246 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johninajijic] TONY'S Restaurant Review - In Ajijic

the music is loud. the trick is to sit in the other room. they change rooms, so ask them how long they will play before you decide where to sit. as the food goes, im surprised @ this review. i was there about 6 weeks ago. the rib eye was all fat, poor quality. hard to even chew. the service was good, & the food looked nice served on the plate. i was there years ago & the chicken was not even acceptable to look @. & the brocolli was torn using the "cooks" hands, rather then cut w/a knife. possibly this place changes depending upon who is in the kitchen.

johninajijic

Mar 30, 2012, 11:10 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2215 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] TONY'S Restaurant Review - In Ajijic

Tony's has always had high marks from our Dinner Grpup. We didn't go there much last year when Laurent was open, but I put Tony's on our schedule for a few times this year.

A few people thanked me for bringing the group there.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4