Shortcut

Migracion (Immigration)

Can't Post | Private Reply
When and where in Chapala?

Axixic

Mar 21, 2012, 4:14 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3871 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Chapala Payaso] Migracion (Immigration)

Did the full question get cut off?

Chapala Payaso

Mar 21, 2012, 4:31 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3863 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] Migracion (Immigration)

Thanks for pointing that out. I meant to ask, where, when, and what time of the day do the people from immigration come to Chapala? I need to get a phone number for a particular official there.

DavidHF

Mar 21, 2012, 5:39 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3843 views)

Shortcut

Mon-Fri, there's an INM office in Chapala.

tashby

Mar 21, 2012, 6:19 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3830 views)

Shortcut

The IMN Office is in Chapala, but on the "carretera" linking Chapala to Ajijic and points further west. It is maybe 1/4 - 1/2 mile west of the intersection of Madero (main street in Chapala) and the carretera. Mountain side, a little before/east of a large hardware store. It's in a 3-story building that's set back a bit from the street, with four or so parking spaces in front of it. That's the best I can do for landmarking it.

I believe that it is still staffed by folks who come out each morning from Guadalajara. They used to tend to arrive around 10-10:30 a.m. That may have changed, I don't know. If you see the big, beater white van parked in front, you're in luck. They're there!

(This post was edited by tashby on Mar 21, 2012, 6:25 PM)

Dr.S

Apr 23, 2012, 5:13 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2728 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] Migracion (Immigration)

The address is: 271 Hidalgo

In Reply To
The IMN Office is in Chapala, but on the "carretera" linking Chapala to Ajijic and points further west. It is maybe 1/4 - 1/2 mile west of the intersection of Madero (main street in Chapala) and the carretera. Mountain side, a little before/east of a large hardware store. It's in a 3-story building that's set back a bit from the street, with four or so parking spaces in front of it. That's the best I can do for landmarking it.

I believe that it is still staffed by folks who come out each morning from Guadalajara. They used to tend to arrive around 10-10:30 a.m. That may have changed, I don't know. If you see the big, beater white van parked in front, you're in luck. They're there!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4