Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

johninajijic

Mar 18, 2012, 9:18 PM

Post #1 of 6 (9269 views)

Shortcut

JUST HAD MY ROOF RECOATED AND SEALED

Can't Post | Private Reply
I just had my roof completely recoated and resealed.

1. They power washed the entire roof and parapet walls with water only.

2. Scraping was done before power washing and during the operation to remove all loose material.

3. One coat of Casther Raincoat was applied 50% reduced with water for the FIRST COAT ONLY, as recommended on the bucket.

4. My master bedroom boveda membrane was bubbled and had to be removed. A new membrane was installed.

5. Two more coats at full strength was applied to the roof with heavy rollers.

Total time to complete: 70 man hours, using 3 men for 2 days and 2 men for 1 1/2 days.

Total product used: 5 - 5 gallon buckets with 1 gallon leftover

bronco

Mar 24, 2012, 10:37 AM

Post #2 of 6 (9184 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johninajijic] JUST HAD MY ROOF RECOATED AND SEALED

roof: who did the roof? someone was here wensday. he wouldnt give an estimate, untill it rains, to see the exact areas. (i had tar put in some holes in meantime by the handyman. roofer said tar will crack fast from the sun). skylight: but he wanted 7000 pesos to fix my skylight in the bathroom. tar, mesh, screens for air, &something or rain to go too & air, & scaping inside & plaster. 4 or 5 days work, dont know how many hours each day. i know hes right & it makes sense. truthfully for skylight i want a temp patch job, dont know how long ill be here. his last name was ibarra or something like that. has he done your roof? im calling him in june.

johninajijic

Mar 25, 2012, 8:16 AM

Post #3 of 6 (9133 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] JUST HAD MY ROOF RECOATED AND SEALED

Don't bother calling him. He doesn't sound like he knows what he's doing and his price is too high.

Call Enrique Pineda
Cell phone: 045 333 440 6364

Call between 9 - 9:30 AM. If he doesn't answer or doesn't call you back, call him again. He's the best painter in Ajijic, bar none. He does roofs, just finished mine. If you're going to be here less than 5 years, use the 5 year material, otherwise use the 7 year material.

You will like Enrique. He's personable, speaks perfect English and stands in back of what he does. Along with reasonable prices.

Vichil

Mar 25, 2012, 12:59 PM

Post #4 of 6 (9105 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johninajijic] JUST HAD MY ROOF RECOATED AND SEALED

How much were you charge and why did you not use Chino?

bronco

Mar 28, 2012, 2:55 PM

Post #5 of 6 (9026 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Vichil] JUST HAD MY ROOF RECOATED AND SEALED

henrique was here. he was honest & is fluent in english. & respectful. john is correct. (he did a paint job here about 8 years ago, i remember him). the first guy who came here (ibarra) was arrogant, & a big rip off. (i know about skylights & roofs).

salto_jorge

Jun 3, 2012, 5:42 AM

Post #6 of 6 (8369 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] JUST HAD MY ROOF RECOATED AND SEALED

Time to check out the roof before the rains. Looks like rain is forcast for this thursday.

I went to box HD store here in Zapopan on Friday and Saturday and noticed that may locals were purchasing the product, so I joined in an picked up a 3 year white bucket. The store was out of the white ones for more years and I did not feel like driving to another store in the traffic. HD has not changed, customer service out on the floor was at its typical level.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4