Feb 28, 2012, 7:03 AM
Post #1 of 1
Anytime between November and May are good times to waterproof your roof.
HOW TO WATERPROOF YOUR ROOF USING FESTER ACRITON
Can't Post | Private Reply
Here is what you need to ask your Contractors so they bid apples to apples and you will get a good job. Weather and surfaces MUST be dry.
1. Scrape and grind all loose material and rough areas. Acid wash the roof. Clean
using a power washer, otherwise Fester Acriton will not adhere.
2. Check all loose roof tiles. Remove loose roof tiles, inspect for cracks, repair
and recement roof tiles.
3. IMPORTANT: Put a very thin concrete only cement wash over the roof tiles,
otherwise the Fester Acriton will not bond.
4. Apply Fester Festerbond to roof. (This is a high quality bonding agent)
5. Apply a thinned down coat of Fester Acriton 50% Acriton/50% water to roof for
first coat ONLY. Lay Membrane into this Fester Acriton. Put on another coat of
Fester Acriton, without thinning, immediateky over the membrane.
6. Apply 4 more coats of Fester Acriton as it comes from the bucket, without
thinning, on the roof on different days, allowing each coat to dry.
7. Your Contractor should give you at least a 7 year Guarantee and better yet a
10 year Guarantee. You should check his references and talk to others he
has done roofs for.
NOTE: Fester Acriton is the "best" and comes in 3, 5, 7 and 10 year material. It's also the most expensive. You can use PRISA Raincoat instead.
Highly recommended Contractor:
MAESTRO - Construction - Remodel - Roofs - Tile - Pools - Painting
(He has done work for 10 of us in Los Arroyos Sur for 5 years and I have recommended him to people on chapala.com who are very happy.
He Guarantees his work.)
RUBEN “CHINO” CHAVARRIA (Speaks English)
Francisco Villa # 11 - Ajijic
Tel: 766 2327
Cell ph: 045 333 150 9031
(This post was edited by johninajijic on Feb 28, 2012, 7:06 AM)