Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

joan e

Feb 20, 2012, 4:02 PM

Post #1 of 20 (4151 views)

Shortcut

sad news

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am very sad to report that the person we know as "jerezano" died on Saturday 18 February. He was under treatment for pneumonia in a Texas hospital where he spends the winter. He lived in Jerez, Zacatecas for nearly 30 years and was a great friend of many people here, a true gentleman, trusted advisor, always positive, generous and delighted by his life in Mexico. He will be missed.

sfmacaws

Feb 20, 2012, 4:23 PM

Post #2 of 20 (4131 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joan e] sad news

Very sad news indeed. Jerezano was one of the first people I remember from the old MexConnect. He was always a gentleman, well informed and polite. I will miss his input. Que en paz descanse.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

RickS

Feb 20, 2012, 4:34 PM

Post #3 of 20 (4127 views)

Shortcut

Thank you, Joan, for letting us that have 'known' jerezano for quite a while know of his parting. And, yes, he will be missed here on Mexconnect as well as in Jerez I'm sure.

RickS

La Isla

Feb 20, 2012, 4:36 PM

Post #4 of 20 (4124 views)

Shortcut

What sad news, indeed. My condolences to his family and friends in Texas and Jerez.

cbviajero

Feb 20, 2012, 4:50 PM

Post #5 of 20 (4112 views)

Shortcut

From having read his posts here he seemed like a very decent guy,que en paz descanse.
Chris

DavidMcL

Feb 20, 2012, 5:19 PM

Post #6 of 20 (4104 views)

Shortcut

Jerazno has been a stalwart contributor to the Mexconnect community almost since its inception in 1996. He was always helpful, informed and informative with a positive attitude that reflected his love for Mexico.
He will be missed.

David, Tony and Carol.
David McL
WebJefe

Anonimo

Feb 20, 2012, 5:25 PM

Post #7 of 20 (4099 views)

Shortcut

I will miss him and his insightful posts.

Saludos,
Anonimo

bournemouth

Feb 20, 2012, 5:27 PM

Post #8 of 20 (4098 views)

Shortcut

This is sad news - he has always been a presence on Mexconnect for as long as I have participated and was always courteous and informative. Condolences to his family. Thanks for letting us know Joan.

tonyburton

Feb 20, 2012, 5:30 PM

Post #9 of 20 (4098 views)

Shortcut

It is indeed very sad indeed that Mel is no longer with us. He had an amazing life and could always be relied on for astute observations, lightened by a strong streak of humor.
For those of you interested in reading some of his articles, here is the link to his author's page right here on MexConnect:
http://www.mexconnect.com/search?search[author_ids][]=115

Mel, you will be long remembered for the many great things you achieved and the very many lives you touched,
RIP,
Tony/Gwen

johanson

Feb 20, 2012, 5:36 PM

Post #10 of 20 (4094 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] sad news

Sorry to hear the bad news. He shall be greatly missed.

Rolly

Feb 20, 2012, 5:53 PM

Post #11 of 20 (4086 views)

Shortcut

Re: sad news

Mel and I traded PMs many times. He was, as others have noted, well informed and well behaved.
To the best of my knowledge, he was the only person on MexConnect older than yours truly.

RIP Mel.

Rolly Pirate

robt65

Feb 20, 2012, 6:21 PM

Post #12 of 20 (4067 views)

Shortcut

Hello joan e,

Thanks you so much for letting us know of Melville's passing. This is a sad day for sure. I had the pleasure of meeting with him on several occasions at this home in Harlingen. We had some very wonderful conversations. Melville was incredibly intelligent and very, very sharp for his age. All the times he was in Harlingen, he only longed for his return to his home in Mexico.

My life was enriched, even from the short time we knew each other. A man with a big heart and stories to share. Always a gentle man and a gentleman, a real man's man. Thank you for your, stories of your home in Mexico and your time of sharing Melville, rest in peace my friend, rest in peace.

Robert

(This post was edited by robt65 on Feb 20, 2012, 6:25 PM)

Papirex

Feb 20, 2012, 6:38 PM

Post #13 of 20 (4052 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] sad news

While I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, I always enjoyed his posts for many years, They were always accurate observations of life in México, free of personal aggrandizement, and usually accurate. My time is coming, I am a little behind him and Rolly, but not much.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

mensamia

Feb 20, 2012, 7:06 PM

Post #14 of 20 (4039 views)

Shortcut

He enriched this forum with his informative posts and non-judgemental attitude. He told me about Los Lirios, in Nuevo Leon .. a little village on a mountain plateau with views of the valley. Someday I will go there. Rest in peace, Mel.

morgaine7

Feb 20, 2012, 9:20 PM

Post #15 of 20 (4009 views)

Shortcut

Re: sad news

Very sorry to hear that! He was a good guy who obviously loved his life in Mexico. His contributions will be strongly missed. D.E.P.

Kate

esperanza

Feb 21, 2012, 7:31 AM

Post #16 of 20 (3938 views)

Shortcut

I'm so sorry to hear that Mel is no longer with us on this earth. He was a great guy and a great contributor to Mexconnect. We talked often and always had plans to get together--some day. And of course, we will...some day.

Qué descanse en paz.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Teo

Feb 21, 2012, 10:50 AM

Post #17 of 20 (3884 views)

Shortcut

Sad news. Whenever I saw the name jerezano attached to a post, I knew it would be worth reading.

His thoughtful and valuable contributions to Mexconnect will be missed.

tashby

Feb 21, 2012, 1:40 PM

Post #18 of 20 (3843 views)

Shortcut

Very sad news, indeed. He was always so generous and helpful with his posts. My condolences to his family and friends.

michoacan

Feb 21, 2012, 4:31 PM

Post #19 of 20 (3812 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] sad news

I would like to think he like many of us would hope to do, will pass into a land of bountiful tianguis, blue skies, and a two ears and a tail happiness.

YucaLandia

Feb 22, 2012, 8:13 AM

Post #20 of 20 (3731 views)

Shortcut

Best wishes for a gentle passing as he journeys over, and prayers of health and help for the loved ones he leaves behind.
-
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4