Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Axixic

Mar 30, 2012, 4:45 PM

Post #26 of 35 (2867 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prorader] Seguro Popular

Can't Post | Private Reply
Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery doesn't go down your throat. It is several small incisions in the abdomen and the gallbladder is taken out through the small incisions. I'm slim so maybe a good candidate for that type of surgery and the recovery period is much faster. As a back-up, since I'm starting to dread the SP hospital idea, where is the private hospital you went to for the second surgery?

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/laparoscopic-gallbladder-surgery-for-gallstones

prorader

Mar 30, 2012, 6:01 PM

Post #27 of 35 (2855 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] Seguro Popular

I don't remember it was a laboratory that rents surgery rooms, fully equipped, and maybe the medical term is not correct they did put a scope down my throat to take out the gall stones and to clear a blockage, no cutting like you are saying it is called natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery Sp doesn't have this equipment, in fact most Doctors don't, that is why a 2 hour operation cost $1,000.00. You are going to find that the laboratory in Mexico have the money and more Doctors are using there services on an hourly rate rather than a hospital for non critical care. Most hospitals send you to these people for tests, xrays, Cscans and MRI's and blood work. They are saturated with people and don't have the time. You can always go VIP to a small hospital and get VIP treatment by the same Doctors that work the public hospitals

(This post was edited by prorader on Mar 30, 2012, 6:27 PM)

prorader

Mar 31, 2012, 4:02 PM

Post #28 of 35 (2807 views)

Shortcut

Do not be afraid of Seguro Popular, spanish is needed but all most all of the professional doctors that work with you are the same Doctors that work the premo private clinics and hospitals the difference is money

sioux4noff

Apr 1, 2012, 3:10 PM

Post #29 of 35 (2749 views)

Shortcut

Money, and whether or not the needed equipment and medications are available.

prorader

Apr 1, 2012, 4:04 PM

Post #30 of 35 (2736 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] Seguro Popular

In Reply To
Money, and whether or not the needed equipment and medications are available.

Dr.S

Apr 5, 2012, 4:42 AM

Post #31 of 35 (2603 views)

Shortcut

I saw many Seguro Popular surgeries in Tepatitlan. All open surgeries with the exception of one. It was a patient who paid the extra $5000mxn for the closed procedure, so the hospital rented the equipment. The director of the hospital (a real ass) did the surgery, and it must have been his first. He tried to pull the whole gall bladder out, stones and all, through the small tube in the abdominal wall. Needless to say, it broke, and her abdomen was filled with stones and bile.

Three years later in a private hospital in GDL, I assisted about 200 closed procedures, and needles to say, they were all done correctly with no complications.

It is a matter of luck sometimes with Seguro Popular.

In Reply To
I think that is true about 8" on the right side of your stomach + 2 holes, maybe you will be lucky but I didn't find any Doctor in SP that has the scope to go down your throat, considered to be expensive for them, but as you know free is free, you can always go to a private hospital in Guadalahara, the cost ??????? My original operation lasted about 4 hours, considered to be serious. The second operation to get extra gall stones and to clear a blockage was about $1,000.00 US in a private clinc in Guadalahara

(This post was edited by Dr.S on Apr 5, 2012, 4:44 AM)

Axixic

Apr 5, 2012, 9:27 AM

Post #32 of 35 (2561 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Dr.S] Seguro Popular

What was the charge at the private hospital where you assisted? I certainly don't mind paying extra for surgery that offers a quick recovery rate but not for someone who has never performed the surgery and screws it up. Do you know about or have you assisted with orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery? It appears to be creepy, going through the mouth, but there are no abdominal incisions and faster healing than the other procedures. Does the gallbladder really come out through the mouth? I want whatever gets me out of the hospital the fastest, heals the most quickly, fewer scars, no bag, and doesn't cost a fortune.

prorader

Apr 5, 2012, 10:58 AM

Post #33 of 35 (2552 views)

Shortcut

My Gall Bladder was done through SP and taken out of my stomach 6 days in hospital 2 months with a drain tube and a plastic bag, where I was at they didn't have the scope. The surgery I had with the scope was to clear a blockage and 5 gall stone there still there. This was done in Guadalahara at a labatory not hospital ( they rent a surgery suite to Doctors) 2 hours and I was on my way home

Axixic

Apr 5, 2012, 1:20 PM

Post #34 of 35 (2540 views)

Shortcut

Yes, you have written several times about your experience.

I want the opinion of someone who has assisted or observed the various surgeries and which is better and an approximate cost.

Dr.S

Apr 5, 2012, 6:54 PM

Post #35 of 35 (2515 views)

Shortcut

I have never assisted or seen transluminal surgery. I would assume there would be slightly more risk because of the incision location, and the fact that you are more remotely accessing the surgery point if there is bleeding. In regular lap. surgery, you inflate the whole abdomen and can see everything very well, and have great access to everything. Pressurizing the abdomen with carbon dioxide also helps slow any bleeding (the transluminal may also use gas to inflate the abdomen, too. I do not know).

I do not know the price. Send me a private message if you want the doctor's name and cell number.

In Reply To
What was the charge at the private hospital where you assisted? I certainly don't mind paying extra for surgery that offers a quick recovery rate but not for someone who has never performed the surgery and screws it up. Do you know about or have you assisted with orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery? It appears to be creepy, going through the mouth, but there are no abdominal incisions and faster healing than the other procedures. Does the gallbladder really come out through the mouth? I want whatever gets me out of the hospital the fastest, heals the most quickly, fewer scars, no bag, and doesn't cost a fortune.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4