Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

lizheart303

Feb 5, 2012, 11:44 AM

Post #1 of 4 (6449 views)

Shortcut

Wanting to move to Loreto

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi everybody! My husband and I are wanting to move to Mexico. We are working on our Spanish, researching everything from housing to transportation to culture. We don't want an expat saturated area and are definately not wanting to "change" a community to meet our needs. Don't care about Walmarts or Home Depots, but would love a small town near the water.
We are open to ANY and ALL suggestions. We are nervous but crazy excited.

chicois8

Feb 5, 2012, 12:51 PM

Post #2 of 4 (6433 views)

Shortcut

Re: [lizheart303] Wanting to move to Loreto

. Don't care about Walmarts or Home Depots,

Do you care about good Hospitals,Doctors, a movie , museums , universities, libraries, some kind of night life, great restaurants, arts and crafts, fishing, nature and beaches ? Then spend a month in Loreto, when you are board
to death go to La Paz where you can do all of the above, the state capital with a small town feel...........
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

surebought

Feb 9, 2012, 8:53 AM

Post #3 of 4 (6338 views)

Shortcut

Re: [lizheart303] Wanting to move to Loreto

Loreto is a pretty little down with a nice wharf area. I have a friend who used to make the best Mariscos in Ensenada, moved to Loreto. It used to get daily flights from LA and there is a fairly big Hotel on the outskirts. But overall, I think these days it gets very few tourists and is economically seen much better days. That might be good news to you as retirees. I agree with the other reply, that you really should go there and spend some time. It is going to be really sleepy and Southern Baja tends to be expensive because everything has to come from so far. What about Todos Santos? If someone is interested, I could expound on that a little bit in another post.

Dreamer Blue

Feb 10, 2012, 5:13 AM

Post #4 of 4 (6286 views)

Shortcut

Re: [surebought] Wanting to move to Loreto

Loreto is a lovely little town which is currently being considered for Puebla Magica status. That being said, you need to know that all the towns along the Sea of Cortez have summer temperatures ranging from 42 to 45 degrees Celsius. Todos Santos is slightly better as it is on the Pacific side of the peninsula but it is still VERY hot. If you like constant heat, from mid-June to mid-October, that is fine but many people move out for those month to slightly cooler climes.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4