Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Brian

Jan 31, 2012, 5:23 AM

Post #1 of 7 (8117 views)

Shortcut

Dubious confession in Mazatlan assault case

Can't Post | Private Reply
Suspect says he was induced to confess to attempted murder by offer of leniency although he claims to be innocent of the charge:

http://news.nationalpost.com/...tack-on-sheila-nabb/

"Make him an offer he can't refuse"
Don Corleone

(This post was edited by Brian on Jan 31, 2012, 6:10 AM)

surebought

Jan 31, 2012, 9:29 AM

Post #2 of 7 (8075 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] Dubious confession in Mazatlan assault case

Brian, If you have so many doubts about this case, why don't you hire him a lawyer. Or file yourself a friend of the court declaration. A third party can file declarations in cases like this in Mexico. There is lots of injustice in Mexico and the world. Look up there in Canada with that poor Afghanistan guy who drowned his four daughters. I think the judge said some very mean things to the defendant when he was convicted on some stupid comments that the defendant made on a wiretap. Some say that he was convicted without any real evidence. Will what happened in Canada deter Islamic's from more honor killings in Canada in the future? Probably not. But if the guy in Mexico does gets tricked into confessing or is tortured, then this does get etched into the minds of the populace that they should not mess with the legal system and thus is a deterrent to crime. Most people know that they do not want to end up in jail in Mexico. You have to buy your own cell if you want privacy and your own food if you want to eat regularly. Jail in Canada is probably a better life than the life most people live who are free in Mexico. Mexican prisons statically have very few returnees. They try to teach them a useful skill. Lets hope this guy learns something like being stupid is not a defense against beating a defenseless women.

Brian

Jan 31, 2012, 10:35 AM

Post #3 of 7 (8054 views)

Shortcut

Re: [surebought] Dubious confession in Mazatlan assault case

http://www.630ched.com/...tory.aspx?ID=1647239

Dreamer Blue

Feb 1, 2012, 5:51 AM

Post #4 of 7 (7991 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] Dubious confession in Mazatlan assault case

The report I saw has him saying that he didn't want to murder her, just beat her up. Sounds like a perverted version of Mohammad Ali!

Brian

Feb 1, 2012, 7:00 AM

Post #5 of 7 (7975 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Dreamer Blue] Dubious confession in Mazatlan assault case

With all the discussion here about the foreign press writing negative articles about Mexico, I think the last paragraph speaks loudly for itself and the impression left of the suspected collusion of the tourism secretary and the state attorney will be remembered long after the specific incident.

Brian

Feb 1, 2012, 7:10 AM

Post #6 of 7 (7972 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] Suspects shows judge signs of torture

He revealed several burn marks on his torso and claims that electric shocks were applied to his genitals.

http://www.noroeste.com.mx/...ciones.php?id=752792

Vichil

Feb 1, 2012, 7:41 AM

Post #7 of 7 (7962 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] Suspects shows judge signs of torture

It sounds like round up the usual suspects to me . Someone has to be caught rightaway so this guy was there . I would have loved to see the hands of his Canadian friends as well. He previously said he was with a friend and they had been drinking and snorted oke. He is not a large guy and somewhere he was quoted saying he had 19 drinks...who is counting after a few...and who is still awake or who can remember.
Something is very fishy about the whole story. He walked in alone in an elevator where there happened to be a naked woman ....right and eveything was normal until she tried to leave....Not even a good story...there is a whole lot more to that tale.

I once walked in on an elevator in LA and there was a beautiful naked woman..she immediately told me what her problem was and on the next floor when the elevator stopped again 3 men came in and they immediately offered their coat to cover her. A naked woman in an elevator does attract attention..

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4