Mar 13, 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #10 of 10
"I did not know this... So I want to share this with anyone even though the most of people likely know this.
Yesterday My wife and I went to Home Depot to buy home appliances. As expected, my credit card company rejected a transaction. I had to go home and make a quick call using my Telnor (Telmex) phone and encountered the issue to dial a US toll-free number...
I dialed 001-800-xxx-xxxx and received a non-service message. Then I found that "800" must be replaced with "880".
The same thing applies to the following as well:
+1-866-xxx-xxxx (USA Toll-Free)
+001-883-xxx-xxxx (From Telnor/Telmex)
+1-877-xxx-xxxx (USA Toll-Free)
+001-882-xxx-xxxx (From Telnor/Telmex)
+1-888-xxx-xxxx (USA Toll-Free)
+001-881-xxx-xxxx (From Telnor/Telmex)
+1-800-xxx-xxxx (USA Toll-Free)
+001-880-xxx-xxxx (From Telnor/Telmex)"
Thanks. I could have used this info. a month ago, but did manage to go online and get their "calling from another country" non 800# and get through that way, which I presume cost me more on my Telmex bill, at least the part of the charge in the US that was not toll free.