Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

robt65

Jan 23, 2012, 6:26 PM

Post #1 of 6 (13008 views)

Shortcut

A Good Quality Of "Thermapane" Type Replacement Windows in Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone know of a good quality double glass (argon gas in between) two panes of glass windows manufactured here in México? I am looking at replacing several windows of the old louver type that as far as I am concerned are worthless. Double hung or sliders would be OK. It is quality I am after. I would prefer steel or aluminum framed windows, certainly not wood. Thanks for any information.

robt65

GringoCArlos

Jan 25, 2012, 12:06 PM

Post #2 of 6 (12964 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] A Good Quality Of "Thermapane" Type Replacement Windows in Mexico

Check with Grupo Cove in Queretaro, tele: 442-224-0540. You are probably looking for "ventanas doble cristal herméticos".

Failing that, both Pella Windows and Anderson Windows are sold in Queretaro.

stevebrtx

Jan 25, 2012, 5:24 PM

Post #3 of 6 (12945 views)

Shortcut

Re: [GringoCArlos] A Good Quality Of "Thermapane" Type Replacement Windows in Mexico

My house in TX had something like 33 thermopane windows, can't imagine why you would want one here, not needed, they are expensive and often fail and need replacement. Apparently your casa is a whole like tighter than mine, most I've seen here seem purposely designed to "breath", putting a double pane window on a house would be like attempting to plug the spillway of a major dam with half a dozen sandbags?

johanson

Jan 25, 2012, 6:00 PM

Post #4 of 6 (12939 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stevebrtx] A Good Quality Of "Thermapane" Type Replacement Windows in Mexico

Doesn't Robert live in a very hot area where it might make a difference? (I can't remember) Also I put double windows in my bedroom here in upper Ajijic, not because of the temperature, but to hold down the noise of the fireworks. It seemed to help.

cristalhombre

Jan 25, 2012, 10:15 PM

Post #5 of 6 (12918 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] A Good Quality Of "Thermapane" Type Replacement Windows in Mexico

Perhaps I can help - I am a glass guy.

First question - "why" do you want an IG unit??? Thermal performance, sound management, UV control???

"NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST...."

robt65

Jan 25, 2012, 11:49 PM

Post #6 of 6 (12911 views)

Shortcut

Re: [GringoCArlos] A Good Quality Of "Thermapane" Type Replacement Windows in Mexico

Thanks Gringo Carlos,

I have not checked on that Grupo Cove in Queretaro and I will follow up on them. I hope to have them send some spec sheets of their product to see if it will fit my bill. After seeing the actual products here in MExico of both the Pella and Anderson windows manufactured here, I can only say I was not impressed with the (lack of) quality. I appreciate the response.

robt65

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4