Jan 10, 2012, 5:54 AM
Post #1 of 2
- Wild Alaskan Salmon (skin on)
- Roasted salsa (see below)
- Mexican rub (see below)
- 1 Avocado
- Lime wedges
- 5 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Tomatillos
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Bulb of garlic
- ½ Onion
- ½ Lime
- Sea salt
- Coarse black pepper
- Prepare the grill for the 2-zone set up.
- Roast the tomatoes, tomatillos, jalapeno and onion on the grill, on direct heat, until they are blistered and mostly blackened.
- Slice off the top of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves, wrap the garlic in a loose sheet of foil with some olive oil and place it on the grill, on direct heat, until soft. Cover the grill with the lid and open the vents all the way.
- When the roasted veggies are cooled down, place them all in a food processor or blender. Squeeze the soften cloves of the garlic bulb into the processor/blender (I found that adding some of the charred garlic skin is very tasty). Blend all ingredients well.
- Add cilantro and squeeze lime juice into the processor, blend for a few seconds. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- ½ tsp Ground chipotle powder
- ½ tsp Coarse black pepper
- ¼ tsp Ground allspice
1. Mix together all rub ingredients in a small bowl.
1. Apply rub to flesh of the salmon.
2. Prepare the grill for the 2-zone set up.
3. Place the salmon, skin down, on the cool side of the grill. Cook for 4-6 minutes with the lid on and vents wide open.
4. Take off the lid and grill the salmon flesh side down over direct heat until done (about 1 or 2 minutes).
5. Remove from grill and serve immediately. Top it with the salsa, garish with avocados, lime and cilantro.