Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

arbon

Jan 8, 2012, 8:40 AM

Post #1 of 10 (5333 views)

Shortcut

An American shot and killed in Colima, for his truck.

|
http://www.diariodecolima.com/o/noticias.php?n=52583

Murder a person in popular shopping center
Domingo 08 de Enero de 2012 Sunday January 8, 2012

Jesús TREJO MONTELÓN Jesus Trejo MONTELÓN

The victim is the American Mitch Fishgold Ventura, who tried to avoid a violent assault

A man of American origin, named Mitch Fishgold Ventura, 65 years of age and volunteer Civil Protection and Fire Department, died of a gunshot shot while trying to avoid a violent assault on the outskirts a well-known shopping center at the corner of River and Seville Avenues Constitution.
According to early reports, at approx 9 pm a gunman approached the owner of an Expedition truck and demanded the keys to your vehicle, but now deceased, realizing the fact tried to help the affected, so that it approached the thug shot him in the right arm and immediately fled aboard the stolen vehicle and headed for the Third Ring-road, and then head to the town of Villa de Alvarez.
Then, witnesses called the emergency number 066 to report the theft, so he immediately mounted an operation to take with him or the suspects, but failed to locate them.

Paramedics arrived at the place of the Red Cross to provide first aid to the injured person, who immediately was taken to Regional Hospital Universitario, however, died within minutes, as the bullet lodged in his heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(This post was edited by arbon on Jan 8, 2012, 8:44 AM)

apucko

Jan 8, 2012, 9:29 AM

Post #2 of 10 (5301 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] An American shot and killed in Colima, for his truck.

| Private Reply
What in tar nation is going on the west coast? I’m heading down for my 3 months relaxation period to Manzanillo, therefore I’m wondering.... should I stay in the house for that period because the trend seems to affect the entire west coast. Having said that, it does not deter my plans of enjoying the winter months among friends and yes, I include my wife too.
It is sad to see the increase in violence in Mexico involving innocent people who just go on with their lives weather expats or locals. The cartel and hoodlum can go on destroying themselves and I certainly will not lose any sleep over it. However, the expats have a passport they can piggyback on and return home when the going gets tough but the locals have no other choice but to continue to live on and put up with the everyday violence surrounding them. Is there any hope?

Brian

Jan 8, 2012, 12:15 PM

Post #3 of 10 (5266 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
When it rains, it pours....

A man was arrested for the vicious murder of an American woman in Baja California. He had been living illegally in the USA and was deported after serving a prison term for sale of drugs. He virtually butchered the woman in mid-December and was arrested two days ago in Playas de Tijuana. He offered as his motive only that he hated Americans.

http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/22/policiaca/2012/01/06/534643/apresan-a-asesino-de-mujer-gringa.aspx

(This post was edited by Brian on Jan 8, 2012, 1:11 PM)

Axixic

Jan 8, 2012, 12:53 PM

Post #4 of 10 (5254 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] An American shot and killed in Colima, for his truck.

| Private Reply
The U.S. is deporting more and more illegals to Mexico who have criminal histories so I'm sure crime will increase in Mexico with the arrival of known criminals. They will commit crimes in Mexico or the U.S. and they are in Mexico so Mexico is it.

There's probably been a minimum of 20 murders in Texas since the first of the year so avoid Texas also.

Vichil

Jan 8, 2012, 1:31 PM

Post #5 of 10 (5239 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] An American shot and killed in Colima, for his truck.

| Private Reply
The recent violent home invasions seem to be an import. Many young criminals are returning from the States well tatooed and armed, unfortunately the shoot first ask questions later seems to be their motos. We always had robberies but the violent home invasions area new thing. They use to wait for people to be out to come in, now they seem to wait for people to be in. Big change.

halfmexi

Jan 9, 2012, 9:05 AM

Post #6 of 10 (5126 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
He was not an American - he was a Brit who has lived here for 30 some years. A firefighter in the first war with Iraq and helped set-up rescue services here in Colima. He was trying to help a family who was getting their truck jacked at SAM's Club when he was shot. The perpetrator and the truck have not been found.

I just hate the uninformed news articles that people always read... no better than gossip.

R.I.P. Amigo

VOTE MAYAN ...For A New Tomorrow!

arbon

Jan 9, 2012, 10:17 AM

Post #7 of 10 (5108 views)

Shortcut

Re: [halfmexi] An American shot and killed in Colima, for his truck.

|
http://www.colimanoticias.com/...iacas&Itemid=106

A later updated version.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

halfmexi

Jan 9, 2012, 10:38 AM

Post #8 of 10 (5099 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Yesterday's news.............. I was at the funeral at the Bomberos Sunday. Stop commenting if you haven't a clue! (especially if you don't live in Colima)

VOTE MAYAN ...For A New Tomorrow!

Yacatecuhtli

Jan 9, 2012, 11:05 AM

Post #9 of 10 (5087 views)

Shortcut

Re:An American shot and killed in Colima, for his truck.

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Yesterday's news..............

Today's New:

13 bodies dumped in Michoacan and headless bodies in Mexico State. (not to be confused with the bodiless heads found earlier in the week in Torreon.)

! Al pan, pan y al vino, vino !

(This post was edited by Yacatecuhtli on Jan 9, 2012, 11:28 AM)

Axixic

Jan 9, 2012, 12:44 PM

Post #10 of 10 (5053 views)

Shortcut

Re: [halfmexi] An American shot and killed in Colima, for his truck.

| Private Reply

In Reply To
He was not an American - he was a Brit who has lived here for 30 some years. A firefighter in the first war with Iraq and helped set-up rescue services here in Colima. He was trying to help a family who was getting their truck jacked at SAM's Club when he was shot. The perpetrator and the truck have not been found.

I just hate the uninformed news articles that people always read... no better than gossip.

R.I.P. Amigo

Thank you for straightening that out, being a Brit instead of an American makes all the difference.

Is there any other gossip in the article that is ill informed like the make and model of the vehicle or color? That makes all the difference in the world also. It makes people feel safer to know it was a Brit instead of an American and if it was a blue vehicle and not a red one.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4