Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

fug

Jan 7, 2012, 3:08 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1285 views)

Shortcut

looking for a rescue chihuaha

Can't Post | Private Reply
Anybody have e-mails or phone numbers to Anita or anyplace else that might have one? fug

Axixic

Jan 7, 2012, 3:39 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1279 views)

Shortcut

Re: [fug] looking for a rescue chihuaha

Chihuahuas are hard to adopt as a rescue. Few are given up and most have people taking them immediately. I have two females and I've been looking for the right male for breeding them. I've been thinking about letting them having puppies for about 5 years now. They will probably go through menopause before I find the perfect father for their puppies. I found one male but he was clueless about what to do, however if I do breed them in the next few months, I'll let you know.

fug

Jan 7, 2012, 4:27 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1268 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] looking for a rescue chihuaha

Appreciate your response. Checked several websites in the States, Air fare is prohibitive for me. Please stay in touch. fug

rockydog85251

Jan 7, 2012, 5:42 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1254 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] looking for a rescue chihuaha

We just had our oldest chihuahua's (9 yrs) teeth cleaned at the vet and while there a man had his 5 yr old chi in because they had bred her for the 1st time & she had had 1 puppy, by cesarian section, but would not have anything to do with it.
That is certainly understandable, since she was clueless as to where this strange "thing" came from & felt no connection to it at all.....so just be aware of some of the potential consequences.

Sometimes the animal shelter in Mazatlan will have a chihuahua, so maybe you could also check with other shelters in your area. We now have 3 and have no regrets at all.....good luck!!!
Willie

Vichil

Jan 7, 2012, 6:49 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1242 views)

Shortcut

Re: [fug] looking for a rescue chihuaha

check with one of the vets on the carretera in Riberas, Dr. Pepe I believe , he had one for adoption. Check with the various vets they sometimes know about dogs that are up for sale or adoption.

Axixic

Jan 8, 2012, 6:00 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1199 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rockydog85251] looking for a rescue chihuaha

I don't think my Chihuahuas are very maternal either. No problem because I don't mind taking care of any puppies. I am worried about births because I've heard that Chihuahuas can have problems and need a C section. I couldn't stand to lose one of them to birthing, so I think that might be why I keep putting off breeding them.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4