Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

johanson / Moderator

Dec 30, 2011, 3:54 PM

Post #1 of 8 (4131 views)

Shortcut

Internet Speed

Can't Post | Private Reply
I can't believe the speed one gets these days up North. This is the speed at the distribution point in our condo in Seattle

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net]

By the time it gets to each condo unit the speeds are closer to 85 down by 75 up or so they say. (On average)

(This post was edited by johanson on Dec 30, 2011, 5:14 PM)

SunFan

Dec 30, 2011, 5:02 PM

Post #2 of 8 (4117 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Internet Speed

Peter

Ya sure ..... rub it in!

If only I could stream video in Lakeside with Telmex in Upper Chula Vista! Takes me 20 seconds to view a jpeg!

SunFan

johanson / Moderator

Dec 30, 2011, 5:17 PM

Post #3 of 8 (4113 views)

Shortcut

Re: [SunFan] Internet Speed

All I can say is, I can hardly wait to get back after the holidays. It's just too cold here :), even if the internet speed is great.

chinagringo

Dec 30, 2011, 5:52 PM

Post #4 of 8 (4110 views)

Shortcut

Pete:

Every time you head north, you complain about the weather and apparently expect some sympathy? As former PNW residents, we know that you have had enough experience to know better. Did someone put a gun to your head and force you to head north? If it any consolation, we chose to live in Albuquerque, NM at 6000+ feet and it was 59 degrees today! HA!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

johanson / Moderator

Dec 30, 2011, 6:17 PM

Post #5 of 8 (4102 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Internet Speed

I love your comments, Neil. Especially the comment, "Did someone put a gun to your head and force you to head north?

YES, I shout. The person with the gun has a name it's "money" :) And long as I have to come back for business issues, I might as well get free medical coverage and "meds", and visit the relatives, and bitch about the cold, cold weather :)

But could you believe that internet speed? I was in shock when I saw it. But then I sat back and realized that, I don't care how fast the internet speed is. I prefer living lakeside (Lake Chapala).

OH, Happy New Year.

(This post was edited by johanson on Dec 30, 2011, 6:20 PM)

chinagringo

Dec 30, 2011, 6:33 PM

Post #6 of 8 (4097 views)

Shortcut

Well Pete, we all dance to the sounds of different music! If money does it for you, then have at it.

As far as I am concerned the PNW may be one of the most scenic areas of the US but the weather is horrible and that beauty isn't enough to offset the living conditions!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Judy in Ags

Jan 4, 2012, 6:35 PM

Post #7 of 8 (4038 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Internet Speed

I agree. I love to visit the PNW. The scenery cannot be beat. My daughter and her kids live there and they love it. I like a visit there, but the weather here in Aguas is hard to beat. It was funny, though. Our daughter and her hubbie visited us at Thanksgiving (from the Seattle area) and couldn't stand going outside without sunglasses. I never even think of that. (Of course, I've lived here almost nine years.)

chinagringo

Jan 4, 2012, 7:09 PM

Post #8 of 8 (4031 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Judy in Ags] Internet Speed

I used to have a gift shop on the central Oregon Coast. When and IF the sun came out, we would always plan on selling sunglasses at a ridiculous price because Oregon residents would never remember to bring them! On the other hand, they would come to the Coast from the hot weather in the valley and forget to bring sweatshirts for when the fog or winds showed up. I used to purchase Mexican "Baja Jackets" by the "bale" to sell for $9.99 - such a deal!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4