Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

El Gato

Dec 25, 2011, 7:37 AM

Post #1 of 2 (4963 views)

Shortcut

Cruise Ships in North Pacific Region

Can't Post | Private Reply
I read recently where the governors of Sonora, Sinaloa, Baja California and Baja California Sur have signed an agreement regarding cruise ships in these areas. Puerto Penasco, Sonora, was slated to be a home port desitnation in 2009 and then the economy started falling and everything was put on hold. It sounds like the Department of Mexican Tourism is in the process of reviving these plans, which could bring a major economic growth to the region.

Maybe a Christmas present promise? Has anyone else heard anything definitive? The Governor of Sonora mentioned it happening but I haven't seen anything official. And, of course, seeing is believing - maybe.
"The World After WW1 - 1918 - 1921" at amazon.com, Barnes & Nobel - letters written at the end of WWI

Moisheh

Jan 2, 2012, 6:00 PM

Post #2 of 2 (4853 views)

Shortcut

Re: [El Gato] Cruise Ships in North Pacific Region

Can't Post | Private Reply
 That info was published in El Imparcial in Hermosillo a week ago. I doubt that anything will happen. PP is presently economically depressed. Mexicans are calling it Muerto Penasco. It will bounce back but not till the US real estate market recovers. I wonder how they can make a deep sea port in that shallow water? Many if not all of the cruise ships cancelled their trips to Guaymas and Maz. I dont know About PV.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4