Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

sioux4noff

Dec 12, 2011, 9:15 PM

Post #1 of 8 (4609 views)

Shortcut

Plastic wine glasses

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am working on an event in Puerto Vallarta and we need disposable plastic wine glasses. They should be about 5 ounce size.
We'll be in Guadalajara soon, and figured there was a better chance of finding them there at all, and at a better price than IF we find them in Vallarta.
Anyone have any suggestions as to where to go look? Is there a particular area of Guadalajara where ths type of thing is found? There seems to be a tile store area, a car parts area, is there a party planning area?
Thanks in advance!

tashby

Dec 12, 2011, 9:22 PM

Post #2 of 8 (4601 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] Plastic wine glasses

Someone will come up with a better, more specific idea, no doubt. But I bet you can find them at the Central Abastos......somewhere in the party stores area.

sioux4noff

Dec 12, 2011, 9:24 PM

Post #3 of 8 (4599 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] Plastic wine glasses

That is an excellent suggestion. I know where the Centro de Abastos is, any help in locating the party store area?

tashby

Dec 13, 2011, 7:58 AM

Post #4 of 8 (4571 views)

Shortcut

Right below the tall parking structure is a street of stores, it's the area sort of in between the parking structure and the main food streets. Some of the stores are party-related.....pinatas, candies, bags of potato chips the size of elephants, etc. It's the area nearest the tall parking garage, if I recall.

sioux4noff

Dec 24, 2011, 9:11 PM

Post #5 of 8 (4384 views)

Shortcut

Tashby you hit the nail on the head with this one! Actually, we ended up buying the wine glasses a a place on the main big road into the mercado. The road that goes past Mama Gallina and another bulk purchase store. We got a case of 750 glasses. Just what we needed.
The Mercado is overwhelming.

tashby

Dec 25, 2011, 8:25 AM

Post #6 of 8 (4362 views)

Shortcut

Glad you found them. 750? Wow.

RickS

Dec 25, 2011, 9:02 AM

Post #7 of 8 (4353 views)

Shortcut

Must be one hell-of-a party as alcoholics usually just drink right out of the bottle!

sioux4noff

Dec 25, 2011, 10:04 AM

Post #8 of 8 (4342 views)

Shortcut

It is a big fund raising event for the RISE children's shelter in Puerto Vallarta. Last year, we had about 700 guests at the event. Really we wanted to get about 600 glasses, but the case price was good enough to make 750 a good price per glass.
Anyone who will be in Puerto Vallarta on Feb. 11 is invited to buy a ticket and attend this great event.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4