Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

pamelar

Dec 11, 2011, 1:10 AM

Post #1 of 6 (8447 views)

Shortcut

inexpensive lodging San Pancho or thereabouts?

Can't Post | Private Reply
We've been to Melaque and Barra de Navidad, found reasonable rates for a nice place. Wanted to try a new area. Anyone have suggestions for San Pancho or the wider area around there? Could be a room, or bungalow, or house. I'm hoping to stay under $350 a week for 3 people. Would very much appreciate any leads. Thank you!

tashby

Dec 11, 2011, 2:19 PM

Post #2 of 6 (8399 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pamelar] inexpensive lodging San Pancho or thereabouts?

There are a few listing on VRBO that are in your price range. I've also noticed a few other places around town that *might* be in that range, but don't know for sure and don't have contact info.

My impression is there aren't a lot of inexpensive places in San Pancho, but I bet you can find something if you spend some time at it. Good luck.

johang

Dec 12, 2011, 4:10 AM

Post #3 of 6 (8354 views)

Shortcut

I guess La Peņita, Guayabitos and Los Ayala would qualify for being "around there" so let me invite you to stay in our community. You will definitely find accommodation in your price range.

I can think of one very clean little bungalow close to downtown, two blocks to the beach. Mar Dorado that would come in under $1,000 per month.

Johan....If we all do a little we can do a lot. Visit our little corner of paradise at the Jaltemba Jalapeņo.

AllysoninMexico

Dec 13, 2011, 7:08 AM

Post #4 of 6 (8278 views)

Shortcut

You can also try Hotel Bahia. It is a charming old-style Mexican hotel situated in the heart of La Peņita... and it is perfect for the budget-conscious traveler. The hotel itself is basic, but it is very clean and the staff is friendly, accommodating and bilingual.

Here is a link... http://jaltembabaylife.com/hotel-bahia

JaltembaBayLife.com is a community website for Rincon de Guayabitos, La Penita and Los Ayala, and the neighboring towns in Nayarit, Mexico.

seasun

Jun 9, 2012, 1:06 PM

Post #5 of 6 (6639 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AllysoninMexico] inexpensive lodging San Pancho or thereabouts?

I don't know if you discovered CHACALA beach in your travels, but it is a beautiful beach community just north of La Penita and well worth choosing. The ocean is perfect for swimming and has won the clean beach award. It's safe, friendly village and yoga/meditation/language clinics bring some different folks. so it's a great variation. Lots of great hikes to the volcanic crater and boat rides to the cave beach. Cheap accommodation at the Chacala Hostel / Bungalow by the beach.
www.nayarit4fun.com

RickS

Jun 9, 2012, 8:46 PM

Post #6 of 6 (6605 views)

Shortcut

Re: [seasun] inexpensive lodging San Pancho or thereabouts?

Shhhhhhh

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4