Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

mrchuck

Nov 11, 2002, 5:40 AM

Post #1 of 9 (16642 views)

Shortcut

This new format is too complicated!

Can't Post |
I can't get thru the posts, no color change on what I've already read, too many options, just too complicated. Want to see a really great format?? Then go visit Bajanomad website. Or Amigo's de Baja. Wish you would go back to your old site posting. Saludos, mc

scott

Nov 11, 2002, 7:13 AM

Post #2 of 9 (16531 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mrchuck] This new format is too complicated!

Can't Post |
There is a little icon on the left of each post. If its grey, you've read the post. If its solid yellow, its new. If its half grey, half yellow, it means there is a new post further down in that thread. Plus, the new posts will always be at the top. Before if you responded to a 4 day old thread, most likely no one would read it. But now people will see it again, because its moved up.

Aside from not being able to post anonymously, you really should give it a chance.

(This post was edited by scott on Nov 11, 2002, 7:14 AM)

jackbe

Nov 11, 2002, 10:11 AM

Post #3 of 9 (16477 views)

Shortcut

Re: [scott] This new format is too complicated!

Can't Post |
I agree. I 've read posts and the little squares that look like a sheet of paper are still solid yellow. What gives?

jennifer rose

Nov 11, 2002, 10:49 AM

Post #4 of 9 (16467 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jackbe] This new format is too complicated!

Can't Post |

In Reply To
I agree. I 've read posts and the little squares that look like a sheet of paper are still solid yellow. What gives?

Hit refresh/reload, and when the page comes up again. the yellow disappears from those posts which you've read.

Nov 11, 2002, 12:37 PM

Post #5 of 9 (16439 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jenniferrose] This new format is too complicated!

Can't Post |
Now they're all white, even the ones I haven't read.

Gone away

Nov 11, 2002, 1:50 PM

Post #6 of 9 (16412 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mrchuck] This new format is too complicated!

Can't Post |
When you use your "Back" button on your Browser the icon to the left does not change colour, you have to use the "Jump to forum " button at the end of a thread, then it does change from yellow to grey. But this all assumes that you are logged in, otherwise there are no changes whatsoever.

Maat

Nov 11, 2002, 3:04 PM

Post #7 of 9 (16401 views)

Shortcut

I guess I just don't see this as a complicated format..

Can't Post |
I guess I just don't see this as a complicated format. I'm no spring chicken by any means and I'm doing just fine (which, by the way is a little unusual--Usually anything more complicated than "click once on..." throws me for a loop. ) The only thing I did was to note that the format was quite different and just took it one step at a time. Doing that I like this format even better than the old one.

pathall

Nov 11, 2002, 10:14 PM

Post #8 of 9 (16364 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Maat] I guess I just don't see this as a complicated format..

Can't Post | Private Reply
I agree. I just don't see the problem and I'm old too. Once I figured out how to log on and make sure I always check in, I have not had a problem. I like the new format.
Pat

Lavanda

Nov 14, 2002, 3:21 PM

Post #9 of 9 (16333 views)

Shortcut

Re: Mark as read new format

Can't Post |
If and when you go in and set your
preferences, if you mark the box
saying, mark messages as read, it will,
from that point on, mark them, even if
you come back several days later.