Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

becki0770

Dec 5, 2011, 11:09 AM

Post #1 of 5 (4759 views)

Shortcut

looking for english school

Can't Post | Private Reply
Moving with my kids to Mexico. they are in grades 3-8 looking for schools that teach in english any suggestions. I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE TO OAXACA, VERA CRUZ, YUCATAN,

(This post was edited by becki0770 on Dec 5, 2011, 1:55 PM)

Rolly

Dec 5, 2011, 12:56 PM

Post #2 of 5 (4741 views)

Shortcut

Re: [becki0770] looking for english school

Where?

Rolly Pirate

YucaLandia

Dec 5, 2011, 2:59 PM

Post #3 of 5 (4726 views)

Shortcut

We have 2 good English speaking schools here in Merida - though I believe that both are like one-room-schools, where the teachers help the students get started on their lessons, and the students then plow ahead at their own pace though pre-programmed courses of study.

If you think your children would do well in a modestly structured learning situation, where they are expected to read texts; to go through work-books with some guidance from teachers; to write and think for themselves at their own pace; to interact with other students to help each other, teach and learn, all with teachers present to provide help when the students get stuck - then these schools might be what you are looking for.

I encourage you to live here for a while to see if Merida's slow pace, security, Yucatecan culture, and heat are also a good fit for you.
steve
-
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

becki0770

Dec 5, 2011, 8:00 PM

Post #4 of 5 (4703 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] looking for english school

DO YOU KNOW THE NAME OF THE SCHOOL?

YucaLandia

Dec 6, 2011, 4:09 PM

Post #5 of 5 (4670 views)

Shortcut

The name of the school is Merida Christian School. The teacher's name is Darlene Van Ee. Please contact me in a PM for any further information.
steve

-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4