Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

HarryinNM

Nov 27, 2011, 2:07 PM

Post #1 of 7 (5212 views)

Shortcut

Netflix

Can't Post | Private Reply
We subscribed to the Netflix streaming service while NOB and it functioned flawlessly.

I have changed nothing in the settings in the profile on our desktop or in the Netflix enabled VIZIO TV.

When a movie is selected for instant play, the TV appears to access it and attempts to load the movie. It just continues the attempt with no result. Our broadband connection here is the 3-G service (considerable faster than my NOB connection). Movies will play on the desktop computer.

I am wondering if I need to unsubscribe the NOB service and subscribe anew here?

Harry

Rolly

Nov 27, 2011, 3:53 PM

Post #2 of 7 (5200 views)

Shortcut

Re: [HarryinNM] Netflix

I subscribed to Netfix in Mťxico and never could get it to work right.
I can watch other video channels from the USA without a problem.

Rolly Pirate

Papirex

Nov 27, 2011, 5:38 PM

Post #3 of 7 (5184 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Netflix

I subscribe to Netflix in The USA, and it works fine here. Many of the movies I already have on DVDs. I probably won't need to carry as many DVDs when I travel now. Many nice and cheap Mexican hotels do not have Internet service, or TVs in the rooms, so I will still carry a few DVDs with me.

At $8.95 US Dollars per month, it is very reasonable, about the same price, or less, than I pay for one legal, non-pirated DVD down here. I have a one time payed region free program in my computers, so I can watch a DVD formatted for any region.

Rex

(This post was edited by Papirex on Nov 27, 2011, 5:41 PM)

RickS

Nov 27, 2011, 8:57 PM

Post #4 of 7 (5169 views)

Shortcut

"Movies will play on the desktop computer."

Assuming that you are saying the Netflix enabled VIZIO TV is receiving the same 3G signal directly into it as is coming into the desktop, there must be something in that TV firmware that is not operating correctly. Did you use a 3G (or at least some speed cellphone-wireless connection) for the TV at home or was your signal there a wired DSL or Cable or ? In other words, have you ever gotten Netflix to work on the VIZIO using a cellphone spectrum wireless signal at home?

RickS

Nov 27, 2011, 9:06 PM

Post #5 of 7 (5168 views)

Shortcut

More information to try.....

http://www.ehow.com/how_8777306_new-code-netflix-vizio-tv.html

HarryinNM

Nov 28, 2011, 6:06 AM

Post #6 of 7 (5153 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Netflix

Ran the VIZIO Netflix off a simple wireless router system NOB.

fred29210

Nov 30, 2011, 7:10 AM

Post #7 of 7 (5106 views)

Shortcut

Currently there are only a limited number of devices that are supported while in Mexico. If you go to the web page while in Mexico you can see the list.
https://signup.netflix.com/Watch
Vizio TVís arenít among. Just Samsung right now.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4