Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

Yacatecuhtli

Nov 27, 2011, 12:25 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2439 views)

Shortcut

A baker, a truck driver, a soft-drink vendor and a dental technician

Can't Post | Private Reply
"GUADALAJARA, Mexico (AP) — A baker, a truck driver, a soft-drink vendor and a dental technician were among the 26 men found bound, gagged, slain and left in the center of Guadalajara, a state prosecutor said Friday.
The identities of 14 of the men slain in Guadalajara were released Friday by Jalisco state prosecutor Tomas Coronado, who said that only two had criminal records, without providing details.............

The next few weeks will be crucial in determining whether Guadalajara, Mexico's second largest city, begins dissolving into the chaotic killing, kidnapping and streetfighting that has devastated cities and towns along the U.S. border, said Samuel Logan, director of Southern Pulse, a risk analysis firm specializing in Latin American organized crime.

"The Mexican government has to react quickly and strongly," Logan said. "This could be the beginning of Guadalajara moving into a more insecure environment ... We need a little more time to watch things play out.""

full article at http://news.yahoo.com/...aying-175933076.html

! Al pan, pan y al vino, vino !

chinagringo

Nov 27, 2011, 12:34 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2431 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Yacatecuhtli] A baker, a truck driver, a soft-drink vendor and a dental technician

Granted this article was dated on Friday but information reported in the local Mexican media doesn't seem to agree with this Yahoo piece. The last number I read indicated five with criminal records. And does the fact that someone doesn't have a criminal record prove that they are not cartel connected?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

cbviajero

Nov 27, 2011, 12:46 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2430 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Yacatecuhtli] A baker, a truck driver, a soft-drink vendor and a dental technician

It's bad news for GDL,I drive by the arcos del milenio where the 26 bodies were left 3 or 4 times a week,now it will be a sad reminder of the state of things here.Obviously you don't have to be a criminal to get caught up in this violence.
Chris

cbviajero

Nov 27, 2011, 1:11 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2421 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] A baker, a truck driver, a soft-drink vendor and a dental technician

In Reply To
Granted this article was dated on Friday but information reported in the local Mexican media doesn't seem to agree with this Yahoo piece. The last number I read indicated five with criminal records. And does the fact that someone doesn't have a criminal record prove that they are not cartel connected?

What's your point?5 out of 26 have records,maybe some of the others were truly innocent victims ,anyway mass murder is always a bad thing.
Chris

chinagringo

Nov 27, 2011, 1:28 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2414 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] A baker, a truck driver, a soft-drink vendor and a dental technician

Chris:

Sorry for the misunderstanding! I am just skeptical when I see a news source from NOB because they so often get it wrong. Mass murder is never acceptable no matter who the victims are!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Yacatecuhtli

Nov 27, 2011, 1:38 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2411 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] A baker, a truck driver, a soft-drink vendor and a dental technician

In Reply To
The last number I read indicated five with criminal records. And does the fact that someone doesn't have a criminal record prove that they are not cartel connected?

As mentioned in the article.....

"The prosecutor cautioned the press and public not to draw conclusions about the victims' potential involvement in drug cartel activity, saying that would be one of the subjects of the investigation."

! Al pan, pan y al vino, vino !

Bennie García

Nov 27, 2011, 1:57 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2403 views)

Shortcut

And the prosecutor may be spinning it to keep the public from freaking out. Unfortunately law enforcement's credibility is so bad hardly anyone here pays much attention to what they say.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4