Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Rolly

Nov 27, 2011, 10:24 AM

Post #1 of 6 (22487 views)

Shortcut

For Sale posts

Can't Post | Private Reply
The moderator team has taken note of the growing number of For Sale posts on this forum. In discussion with the Web Jefe, the following guidelines are given:

Personal For Sale and Yard Sale posts belong in the Business/Trade forum.
Non-profit groups' sales events can qualify as news so long as there is no itemized list.
Likewise a neighborhood street sales event may be deemed news with no list or prices.

Rolly Pirate

Magilicudy

Feb 3, 2013, 7:24 AM

Post #2 of 6 (10906 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] For Sale posts

perhaps it's time for a 'subsection' some place for everything that's for sale...garage sales, yard sales, craft sales, crafts shows, everything..... and that includes people who post 'commercial websites' to their non-commercial conversations. It's great to post non-commercial comments, but leave the 'commercial website' elsewhere.

tonyburton

Feb 3, 2013, 11:08 AM

Post #3 of 6 (10883 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Magilicudy] For Sale posts

We appreciate your suggestion which is one that has come up regularly over the years. Our "classified ads" section used to list such things as garage sales etc, but we were unable to maintain its functionality when we made our last "great technical leap forward" to our current platform. I will make sure the topic is raised again at our next review meeting (by happy coincidence, scheduled for next week) but it is unlikely to be a high priority on our "wants list" for the next iteration of MexConnect.

With the advent of blogs, personal websites, self-publishing, vanity press, etc, etc, the distinction between commercial and non-commercial has inevitably become blurred.

MexConnect has always allowed posts to have short "tag line" signatures that link off-site. Provided the posts themselves are informative, within MexConnect's guidelines, and add to the content value of the site, we have no intention of changing this policy.

We do not approve (and regularly edit the signature or ban the user) of longer "signatures" that are poorly disguised adverts and go way beyond a simple statement and/or link.

Mateo_Adame

Mar 10, 2013, 9:05 AM

Post #4 of 6 (10093 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] For Sale posts

Hi Rolly,
I want to go out on a limb here. What about Web stores Virtual Stores if you will.
The reason I ask is for years now people said, I should offer a service to bring goods back from Guadalajara. As I frequent the city on a regular basis. My idea was to create a shopping cart and fill the store with goodies. Payment would be Paypal or my Merchant account. Items could be tracked down and added at the users request. Example: a particular food item that is not present on the site.

So would this go in the Business/Trade forum

Just a thought.
Mateo_Adame

Rolly

Mar 10, 2013, 11:03 AM

Post #5 of 6 (10071 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mateo_Adame] For Sale posts

So would this go in the Business/Trade forum
Yes

Rolly Pirate