Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

pcr

Nov 12, 2011, 1:38 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3094 views)

Shortcut

GDL airport to Jalisco in a hurry

Can't Post | Private Reply
My plane gets in to GDL at 5 PM on a Monday, and then I'm trying to get to metropolitanpark area of Jalisco by 6, or even 5:30. I won't have checked baggage. Is this an impossible time schedule? How long does it take to get from plane to taxi, and then from taxi to Jalisco? Please help-leaving this Monday!

chinagringo

Nov 12, 2011, 1:49 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3087 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pcr] GDL airport to Jalisco in a hurry

Domestic or international flight?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

pcr

Nov 12, 2011, 1:52 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3084 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] GDL airport to Jalisco in a hurry

international, from US

chinagringo

Nov 12, 2011, 2:35 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3069 views)

Shortcut

From my experience - no way! You have to go through Immigration and then Customs which will probably eat up close to 30 minutes or more. Mexico has the fastest stampers I have ever seen but they apply lots of them! Then you are talking about a time of day when traffic may be quite heavy. Maybe 6:30 or 7:00?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Vichil

Nov 12, 2011, 6:19 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3027 views)

Shortcut

Unless you have a seat right by the exit it takes an average of 20 minutes to get out of the plane ( time you touch down and time you are out) then you have to go through customs and hope no other plane made it at the same time yours did or just a little before then you have to count on another 20 to 30 minutes to town. All the stars would have to be aligned or the plane would have to touch ground early for you to make it by 6. Possible but I would not count on it.
If I were flying I would say no way, just relax and forget about making it by 6 pm.

RickS

Nov 12, 2011, 6:49 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3017 views)

Shortcut

I concur with what has been said. In addition some planes (Continental Express service from Houston) don't all get to taxi right up to a gate.... they stop out on the tarmac and one or two 'elevated' buses come out to pick up passengers. So by the time one loads onto this bus and it drives to a gate (never in a straight line!) and then it has to unload, another 15-20 minutes is eaten up.

I thought that maybe when they opened the new terminal the 'bus service' would end. But the last time I flew (admittedly about a year ago) they were still being used.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4