Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

bournemouth

Nov 5, 2011, 7:16 PM

Post #1 of 6 (6780 views)

Shortcut

Problems with Prodigy emails

Can't Post | Private Reply
Are prople in areas other than the Lake Chapala area having problems with Prodigy? Messages to Prodigy addresses in this area are being kicked back, after 24 hours or so, with a message that there are too many recipients this hour - a 452 message.

johanson / Moderator

Nov 5, 2011, 7:22 PM

Post #2 of 6 (6776 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Problems with Prodigy emails

I've been told for the last ten years or so, not to use prodigy email. Many of my computer club friends use Google mail. I use Yahoo, Comcast and Lagunanet. Yes I have Telmex Infinitum too, but I never use Prodigy email, Too many problems. But that's just me :)

Judy in Ags

Dec 20, 2011, 5:36 PM

Post #3 of 6 (6676 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Problems with Prodigy emails

I would never use Prodigy either. There are so many other better alternatives.

mazbook1

Dec 21, 2011, 6:00 PM

Post #4 of 6 (6643 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Problems with Prodigy emails

The main problem with prodigy.net.mx email is that many, many IPs in the U.S. use an independent spam-blocking service called (I think) Blackhole. Blackhole definitely does NOT like origination addresses with .mx on the end. Then, if Telmex gets enough complaints about a U.S. IP blocking prodigy.net.mx emails, they retaliate by blocking that particular IP at this end. I had always used my prodigy email for everything, but the situation finally got so bad several years ago that I had to set up my business and personal emails on Yahoo. Then when Yahoo was being attacked frequently a couple of years ago I set up a hotmail account so that I had something to use when Yahoo was down.

I still have some correspondents on the prodigy email that don't have any problem sending to or receiving from me, so I check it daily. Yahoo seems to have worked out its problems, so it is only rarely that I use hotmail. Frankly, I like the format on Yahoo much better than that on hotmail, and I never even signed up for gmail once I saw its format.

johanson / Moderator

Dec 21, 2011, 6:15 PM

Post #5 of 6 (6641 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] Problems with Prodigy emails

I'm no expert on the subject, but I have an @laguna.com.mx email address and do not have any trouble sending or receiving messages to/from the US or Canada.

I also have a yahoo account that I like but don't use it that much.

The one I use most from the US is my @comcast.net email account.

chinagringo

Dec 21, 2011, 6:16 PM

Post #6 of 6 (6641 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] Problems with Prodigy emails

Maybe you didn't like the format of gmail but the dinosaurs (Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, etc) are currently a joke and headed for the dumpster. We have a number of different gmail accounts and they perform quite well.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4