Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Mexican Kitchen

MazDee

Oct 27, 2011, 8:35 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4997 views)

Shortcut

A Guinness for an Enchilada

Can't Post | Private Reply
So, México City got a Guinness for the world's biggest enchilada, but the previous winners in New Mexico are fighting this decision. I thought it funny that the NM guy commented that the chiles were not the same! Like, sniff, raise of the eyebrows, how can you make a world class enchilada without NM chiles!
Here you go: http://latino.foxnews.com/...0/22/real-enchilada/
BTW, Mazatlán just made the record with the world's largest shrimp cocktail. All this stuff is silly, but the publicity is really important in these times. Boy, do we ever need the publicity. Dee

chinagringo

Oct 28, 2011, 6:28 AM

Post #2 of 4 (4974 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MazDee] A Guinness for an Enchilada

From a NM guy, I would be willing to bet that the one made in Mexico tasted better!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

mazbook1

Oct 28, 2011, 4:58 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4939 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] A Guinness for an Enchilada

Problem is, chinagringo, the New Mexico "enchilada" is really a totally different dish than ANY of the Mexican dishes called "enchilada" that I've seen. Since they are such different dishes, comparing the "taste" of one to the other is sort of like comparing limones to aguacates!

I make a pretty tasty New Mexico style enchilada, but I remember when my wife and I were just dating, I invited her to my house for an enchilada dinner, New Mexico style, of course. She had never seen such a thing, but thoroughly enjoyed it, and I've made them for the family many times since. Funniest thing was that she said my enchilada was almost too darn picante! This from a lady that thinks the best accompaniment for a breakfast is a nice serrano chile…RAW!

chinagringo

Oct 28, 2011, 5:17 PM

Post #4 of 4 (4934 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] A Guinness for an Enchilada

Fully agree! I have been on record as stating that we don't care for New Mexico style cooking while the various regional styles found in Mexico appeal to our taste buds! Smothering everything in "red or green" just doesn't cut it with us.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4