Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

robt65

Oct 22, 2011, 2:47 PM

Post #1 of 5 (8470 views)

Shortcut

Cost of 1/4 Inch Plexiglass in Mexico?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone know of a wholesale house in or near Queretaro where one can buy Plexiglas? If not does anyone know the current price and where one might find Plexiglas? I need about 90 Sq foot of it.

robt65

GringoCArlos

Jan 26, 2012, 3:34 PM

Post #2 of 5 (8128 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Cost of 1/4 Inch Plexiglass in Mexico?

You can find different thicknesses of plexiglas here:

Plasticos Cristacril S.A.
Industrialización No. 7
Parques Industriales
Col. Alamos Seccion II
Queretaro
Tele: (442) 214 - 1108

This company makes this material, which is called "laminas de acrîlico". Sheets come in the size 1.80m X 1.20m (6` x 4`). 6mm sheets cost MX1073.

There is a second source, somewhere along the west side of 57, and south of the Central de Autobuses going out of Queretaro and before Marquez called something like Plasticos Garfan, or Materiales Garfo. Not sure of the location or the proper company name.

(This post was edited by GringoCArlos on Jan 26, 2012, 3:38 PM)

robt65

Jan 26, 2012, 7:01 PM

Post #3 of 5 (8103 views)

Shortcut

Re: [GringoCArlos] Cost of 1/4 Inch Plexiglass in Mexico?

Hey Carlos,

Thanks a bunch. This is really good information for me to know. Our parrot family is growing and I am going to be building an aviary for our parrots on the front porch, what a zoo we have here! I got to thinking that Plexiglas would be a good way to go. I really appreciate that information.

Thank you,

Regards,
robt65

sparks

Jan 26, 2012, 7:04 PM

Post #4 of 5 (8102 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Cost of 1/4 Inch Plexiglass in Mexico?

Plastic to keep them quiet .... I like the idea

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

robt65

Jan 26, 2012, 8:19 PM

Post #5 of 5 (8090 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Cost of 1/4 Inch Plexiglass in Mexico?

It's not a tomb Sparks . . . . It’s a well ventilated, large cage. And since you didn't ask . . . . . . . let me (hopefully) enlighten you a little as I believe your lack of knowledge is showing a little. There are many kinds of parrots in Mexico which, as a long time resident, I am sure you already know. These happen to be "Peach Face" Parrots that don't carry on arguments all night and day, or tell tales on their caretakers (which well may be the reason you don't have a talking parrot . . . . . who knows), but these parrots have a rather nice chirping sound, like many NOB birds do. They sleep well after dark and they don't really rise early until the shades are lifted.

robt65

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4