Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

robt65

Oct 30, 2011, 1:18 PM

Post #26 of 34 (1576 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] Another Way the Mexican Feds Are Raising Money!

| Private Reply
Hi Sioux4noff,

Yeah Me Too! I also doubt it will be used for a Christmas Party, (this was tongue in cheek!) It just boggles the mind they . . . . . . . . . . . can't figure out what to do bout one peso! Actually .15 of a Peso! I think the Board of Education here has a small (.15 of a peso) problem!!!!!!! HA!

robt65

esperanza

Oct 30, 2011, 1:29 PM

Post #27 of 34 (1573 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Another Way the Mexican Feds Are Raising Money!

| Private Reply
Read here: http://baddog.com/...d-is-as-stupid-does/

and then here: http://baddog.com/...ureaucracy-it-works/

And then can we please put this bureaucracy-bash party to rest?

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

whynotwrite

Oct 30, 2011, 1:41 PM

Post #28 of 34 (1566 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
The economy of Mexico is the 13th largest in the world in nominal terms and the 11th by purchasing power parity,
Mexico's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in purchasing power parity (PPP) was estimated at US $1.463 trillion in 2009, a nd $874.8 billion in nominal exchange rates.
The central bank of Mexico bought nearly 100 tonnes of gold in February and March, the latest emerging market country to turn to bullion as a means of diversifying away from the faltering dollar.

The purchase is one of the largest by a central bank in recent history.

...... and you think they worry about intrest in a few thousand pesos? Actually your post title is an insult to Mexico in my opinoin.

robt65

Oct 30, 2011, 2:04 PM

Post #29 of 34 (1559 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Another Way the Mexican Feds Are Raising Money!

| Private Reply
Hello Esperanza,

First of all maybe you haven't read the whole original Post. . . . . this was NOT my fault. We went as usual and were given a list of printed instructions! We followed them to the "T", so your first response doesn't apply.

Then AH!!! I knew I could not be the only one . . . . . . seems as though they have had some time to practice this .15 of a peso trick before . . . . . many, many times. Most of this has been tongue in cheek, Esperanza . . . . . . so please lighten up. Mexico City must be disagreeing with you or maybe you are too close to the government offices to remember a little humor now and again! I love "bashing the "Federal Government", here or NOB any time, especially when they are at fault and I can get a two fisted grip on them! (smiling)

So if you don't want a little humor (my brand) then simply change the channel) No harm . . . . no foul! (smiling) . . . . . . . . but then again I forgot, you happen to be in the right neighborhood and you are getting your water . . . . for now! (smiling)

robt65

robt65

Oct 30, 2011, 2:07 PM

Post #30 of 34 (1558 views)

Shortcut

Re: [whynotwrite] Another Way the Mexican Feds Are Raising Money!

| Private Reply
Whynotrite?

Guess that says it all . . . . . again read all the posts and try very hard to concentrate on the humor of it all! Especially the (smile) in parenthesis. Lighten up or change the channel.

robt65

esperanza

Oct 30, 2011, 4:05 PM

Post #31 of 34 (1543 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Robert, the primary point of my post was to show that this business has indeed happened to others (no matter whose fault) and that the government does in fact refund the money. I understand that your first-cause situation is different, but nonetheless, the bottom line is the same: you want your money back. I had apparently erroneously thought that seeing someone else's story of an actual refund would reassure you, but it seems that you would rather make ugly remarks about me.

So be it.

I quit.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

chinagringo

Oct 30, 2011, 5:52 PM

Post #32 of 34 (1517 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Another Way the Mexican Feds Are Raising Money!

| Private Reply
Talk about wearing your "heart on your sleeve"! This was obviously posted by Robt65 using a well defined sense of humor. What is the difference between a bit of joking around at the expense of the Government of Mexico and outright bashing of the situation in Michoacan? Here is a clue: bashing of Michoacan on a forum like MexConnect can do far more damage to the local economy than some lighthearted expressions of frustrations in dealing with the Mexican bureaucracy.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

sfmacaws

Oct 31, 2011, 12:24 PM

Post #33 of 34 (1461 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Another Way the Mexican Feds Are Raising Money!

| Private Reply
That is my blog that Esperanza quoted, I had been reading this long rant and thinking about responding anyway so I guess now is a good time.

First off, $2800 pesos is the cost for brand new FM2 (or the equivalent, whatever it is called now), $2801 pesos is the cost of a renewal of that same visa, it is called a refrendo. The form is the same whether you print it out yourself (as I did) or they print it for you and unfortunately it is difficult to tell which form you have unless you check the account number that the money is going into. There lies the rest of the problem, it is not about the one peso, it is that the money went into the wrong account.

I too find the title of this post and the continuing rants barely disguised as jokes to be a bit ridiculous. It can't be the first time in your life that a government agency has gotten a number wrong and caused you problems. That's what happened and I'm guessing that in the future they will make the forms easier to distinguish. Whatever, it is what it is and the good news is that Hacienda was very efficient in returning my money. By the way, Migración can not refund the money to you. At the end of the business day on which you paid the money, the bank forwards it to Hacienda to the account specified. All Migración can do is give you a letter to Hacienda verifying that you paid the wrong amount and the money should be refunded, everything else is handled by Hacienda.

In my case, because I do not have a Mexican bank account, they had to verify my address in person and then they issued a voucher for the refund. If I had a Mexican bank account they would have refunded the money into that account from Mexico once the forms had been received.

Hopefully this makes it more understandable, if not for the original poster then for others who may read this. Sh*t happens, it's how well it is resolved that is more important to me.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

tonyburton

Oct 31, 2011, 1:14 PM

Post #34 of 34 (1444 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sfmacaws] Another Way the Mexican Feds Are Raising Money!

| Private Reply
and on that positive note, it's time to bring this thread to a well-deserved close. Feel free to start a new thread on this or related topic if you wish.
Finally, a gentle reminder that the title of posts is really important - apart from anything else, it helps search functions find the relevant posts in the future.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4