Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Alicia

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1910 views)

Shortcut

will january be too late?

Can't Post |
As I had posted earlier for those of you who read it, my spouse and I are moving to PV in January. My husband is looking into timeshare selling... will January be too late to show up and try to find a job?? I would really appreciate any advice you may have. We're beginners to the world of moving to Mexico!<p>Thanks!
-Alicia, a cold Canadian!

Lucy

Post #2 of 4 (1911 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Alicia
As I wrote earlier, Most resorts do their training and hiring in the summer so everyone will be up to speed by early november. The Europeans start to arrive in the fall. By January the season is in full swing and they have no time or desire to train new people. Anything is possible but not probable. Is he experienced? This would help. The reason the Timeshare business would work best is because they will help him get a work permit. There are few other opportunities for work in PV for gringos otherwise. I hope others write for a better idea of what is going on. I am talking about last year. I'm not there now... Perhaps things have changed....<p>
: As I had posted earlier for those of you who read it, my spouse and I are moving to PV in January. My husband is looking into timeshare selling... will January be too late to show up and try to find a job?? I would really appreciate any advice you may have. We're beginners to the world of moving to Mexico!<p>: Thanks!
: -Alicia, a cold Canadian!<p>

Kate

Post #3 of 4 (1907 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: Alicia
:Lucy is correct..to get a job in timeshare best to show up in low season(the summer) Plan on a few months without money..so have that stashed. Some timeshare people make a very good living, others don't and fade away..<p>Good luck<p>

Kate

Post #4 of 4 (1906 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: Alicia
: As I wrote earlier, Most resorts do their training and hiring in the summer so everyone will be up to speed by early november. The Europeans start to arrive in the fall. By January the season is in full swing and they have no time or desire to train new people. Anything is possible but not probable. Is he experienced? This would help. The reason the Timeshare business would work best is because they will help him get a work permit. There are few other opportunities for work in PV for gringos otherwise. I hope others write for a better idea of what is going on. I am talking about last year. I'm not there now... Perhaps things have changed....<p>:
: : As I had posted earlier for those of you who read it, my spouse and I are moving to PV in January. My husband is looking into timeshare selling... will January be too late to show up and try to find a job?? I would really appreciate any advice you may have. We're beginners to the world of moving to Mexico!<p>: : Thanks!
: : -Alicia, a cold Canadian!<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4