Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

wearechange

Oct 6, 2011, 5:19 PM

Post #1 of 5 (5199 views)

Shortcut

Carlos Santana in Paracho!

Can't Post | Private Reply
December 10th. No more details at the moment.

chinagringo

Oct 6, 2011, 5:29 PM

Post #2 of 5 (5195 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wearechange] Carlos Santana in Paracho!

He is playing October 15th at: Estadio de futbol "Nou Camp" de Leon, Leon, Mexico.

From Facebook:
"As part of his tour "Sound collective consciousness of North America", the renowned Mexican guitarist Carlos Santana concert prepares Paracho, Michoacán.

In order to present the traditional guitars, the artist will be presented tentatively on 10 December, as announced by the mayor of Paracho, Ramon Medina.

Carlos Santana, considered one of the best guitarists in the world, will conclude his tour of the European continent, then arrive in Mexican territory."
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

RickS

Oct 7, 2011, 4:59 PM

Post #3 of 5 (5145 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Carlos Santana in Paracho!

I am minimally familiar with Paracho, having only briefly driven through years ago. My question is 'where would there be a place large enough to accommodate a concert with this legion'?

(This post was edited by RickS on Oct 7, 2011, 7:25 PM)

chinagringo

Oct 7, 2011, 5:29 PM

Post #4 of 5 (5143 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Carlos Santana in Paracho!

You got me with that question Rick! We have made two very brief visits to Paracho and certainly didn't spot a large enough venue for someone with Carlos Santana's reputation. I did some research on the topic last night when this first came up and it is my understanding that many of the guitars that he plays were actually built in Paracho. Maybe it is a "hometown" king of thing for the local folks?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

tashby

Oct 7, 2011, 7:56 PM

Post #5 of 5 (5117 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Carlos Santana in Paracho!

He's from Jalisco, specifically Autlán de Navarro, but that doesn't make this potential event any less cool. Because really, Paracho is just over the hill(s)...

I love this country.

Here's his wiki bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Santana

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4