Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

Khaki

Nov 8, 2002, 1:38 PM

Post #1 of 5 (5277 views)

Shortcut

Ferry Tampa > Yucatan

Can't Post |
FINALLY !!! http://www.yucatanexpress.com I thought they would NEVER get that site up and complete... but it's all there now - schedule, rates, taxes, port charges, meals, vehicles - the works !!!

Gone away

Nov 8, 2002, 3:24 PM

Post #2 of 5 (5213 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Khaki] Ferry Tampa > Yucatan

Can't Post |
It may be allright for some, but if you live in Canada and you have to make your way down to Florida ( Appr. 1450 miles ) then when you get to the Yucatan you have almost as far to Ajijic as it is from Laredo to Ajijic. So you do not save any mileage at all and in addition you have much more than US$ 300.00 to add for the ferry.

Not on my list of what I want to do.

tonyburton

Nov 8, 2002, 3:50 PM

Post #3 of 5 (5197 views)

Shortcut

More to Mexico than Ajijic!

Can't Post | Private Reply
Fortunately, for the ferry company (and its likely clients), there's a whole lot more to Mexico than Ajijic and the service will open up access (to one of the most fascinating regions in the country) to a whole lot of people who would otherwise be facing a mighty long overland alternative.

gino

Nov 10, 2002, 4:43 PM

Post #4 of 5 (5158 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RM] Ferry Tampa > Yucatan

Can't Post |
Hey RM,

I'm writing just to let you know that there are already COLONIES of Canadiens living in Yucatan. Every year they drive to Yucatan and I know many of they own or rent a home and stay there for long periods (3 to 6 months). Specifically, you'll find them in coastal towns like Chuburna, Chelem, Progreso, Uaymitun, Sisal and others. :-)

Khaki

Nov 11, 2002, 9:42 AM

Post #5 of 5 (5129 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RM] Ferry Tampa > Yucatan

Can't Post |
RM - There are about a bazillion (well - about 15,000 anyway) Americans and Canadians in Merida/Progreso - some permanently - some snowbirds - and I am moving to Progreso Jan. 2 - so that ferry will take me right to my front door. Ajijic is nice - but I am from Louisiana - so Merida & Progreso are just like home to me - but without all of the difficulties associated with living in the U.S. I do have to drive the first trip - just to take the pets - but - from then on - it's going to be the ferry for me!!!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4